It’s very important to enjoy breakfast, but who can resist a hard-earned lie-in on the weekend? That’s where brunch comes in. We’ve put together a list of the best spots to find the late-morning brunch you need and deserve in London’s beautiful Chelsea.
Muriel’s Kitchen is hidden around the corner from South Kensington tube station and produces beautifully delicate dishes and great coffee. Without a doubt, the best thing it serves is the homemade scotch egg, which produces a delicious runny yolk. The small cafe is well-represented and has great service. Don’t forget to order one of its homemade cakes before you leave, if you can spare the room.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The award for best eggs Benedict goes to The Botanist in Sloane Square. The stylish bar and restaurant serves perfect poached eggs covered in rich, creamy hollandaise sauce which goes perfectly with a light cappuccino. Because it is perched on the high end of King’s Road, it is also a great place to stop off before embarking on a long afternoon of shopping.
The Ivy Chelsea Garden
Without a doubt, The Ivy Chelsea Garden on King’s Road serves the largest brunch menu each weekend. It has the most sophisticated, luxurious décor in the area. The garden, complete with its own orangery, is a great place to have a cocktail on a sunny day. Its weekend brunch menu lasts most of the day, so it doesn’t matter what time you wake up, your cravings will still be met.
If you venture to the other end of King’s Road you’ll find Mona Lisa café. It’s not as visually appealing as most on this list, but its food is just as good. You can get a traditional all-day breakfast and the more exotic Italian classics like fresh Dover sole. This truly is a long-standing Chelsea treasure, serving unpretentious food that does exactly what it says on the tin.
The Marketplace Restaurant
A more alternative brunch option is the Farmers Market on Sydney Street. It isn’t a traditional market filled with farmers selling their produce, but an array of individual stalls delivering the ultimate al fresco dining in true Chelsea style. The marketplace restaurant serves the best brunch, and its menu changes with each season. There are also pizzerias, Argentinian steak houses and other cuisines available. Be sure to check out the cigar and fine wine stalls afterwards.
Megan’s on King’s Road is a lovely and warming place to enjoy a comforting brunch with fair-trade organic coffee. If you’re recovering from the night before, you can enjoy a ‘hair of the dog’ cocktail. Alternatively, their smoothies and juices are delightfully refreshing. The café has the most intimate courtyard where you can enjoy your weekend brunch in the sun.
PJ’s Bar and Grill
The traditional American-style PJ’s Bar and Grill on Fulham Road is lined with aged wooden walls and adopts an old-fashioned atmosphere. The centerpiece of the bar is a huge fan made from an old plane propeller which seems to hypnotize you every time you look at it. The stylish bar produces traditional weekend brunches, but their oysters are the best in Chelsea – plus they come with a glass of champagne. Be sure to book ahead as the weekends are always busy.
L’ETO’s culinary creations are so pretty you might find yourself oversharing just a little on social media, but it’s perfectly normal there. Brunch offers pretty much everything you could want to order from granola to Australian Avocado Rye Bread Tartine; buckwheat and berries pancakes to an oyster, mushroom and cheese croissant. Everything you could imagine, right? We recommend digging into the larger dishes of the red shakshuka or the Italian-style breakfast with Pugliese burrata, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and sourdough toast if you’re feeling a little fragile from the night before.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.