Time flows in a mellow way on Sundays, and a tasty brunch is the perfect meal to keep those feel-good vibes going for the rest of the week. Here’s our list of best places to eat brunch in Soho, London.
When you think of London brunch you might not immediately think Korean, but Jinjuu Soho, from world-renowned chef Judy Joo, is a must-visit. Tucked just off London’s Carnaby Street, take a seat in the stylish space and settle in for an incredible three-course tour of Seoul-inspired versions of brunch classics. Up first is an Anju Sharing Board, packed with inventive treats like the Philly Cheesesteak Mandoo (crispy fried dumplings stuffed with Bulgogi beef short ribs, cheddar, shiitake and pickled jalapeño) and Sae-Woo Pops (crispy friend round prawn cakes served on sticks with a creamy gochujang mayo). Then, choose from a range of starters including La Kimchi Madam, toasted sourdough stuffed with ham, melted cheese and kimchi béchamel sauce, topped with a fried duck egg or the Green Tea Pancakes with mixed seasonal berries, yuja-infused chantilly cream, maple syrup. To finish, go for bowls heaped with bingsu, a fluffy Korean ice cream sundae. In true Jinjuu style, drinks will be flowing with punchy brunch cocktails including Soju mojitos. Take our advice and order the Spiced Kimchi Marys.
No top London brunch list would be complete without the Dean Street Townhouse. It is set within a sophisticated country house-style hotel, across a number of beautiful Georgian-style rooms. There is something about the Dean Street Townhouse that takes us to the jazzy, red-velvet 1950s. The atmosphere is always buzzing here, and the brunch menu is traditional with a strong British flair. We love the Bloody Mary selection, from the ‘Soho Bloody Mary’ to the ‘Heirloom Mary’. The Dean Street Townhouse makes us feel like an elegant French lady in a fur stole, ready to take on the week, come rain or shine.
For those looking to try a Middle Eastern take on brunch, head to Honey & Co. Founded by two chefs who previously worked with the world-renowned Yotam Ottolenghi, Honey & Co’s menu is fresh and sophisticated, serving up everything from shakshuka to sabich. The dishes are deliciously light with just the right amount of punch. If you don’t know where to begin, we recommend the sharing platter. The restaurant is small and often packed with people. If anything, we’ll take that as a marker of the great food. Honey & Co even has its own cookbook, which you can buy from the restaurant.
Perfect for the ladies who brunch, a curious date the morning after the night before or simply an indulgent Sunday brunch for one, The Riding House Café is one of the most elegant eateries in London. Classic breakfast staples are on the menu, often with a fine twist. These range from kassler ham eggs Benedict to grilled squid and chorizo casserole. Keeping with British tradition, The Riding House Café also provides Sunday roasts on their brunch menu. We strongly advise you book in advance as it gets very busy during peak hours. However, they do allow walk-ins, and the brunch cocktails at the bar are the perfect company as you wait to be seated.
Bone Daddies’ Shackfuyu was labelled ‘the pop-up that everybody wanted to stay’, so it stayed! The restaurant’s creative menu largely consists of Japanese food inspired by typical Western cuisine. The £39 brunch menu, which only runs on Sundays and Mondays, includes two small plates and one large dish alongside all-you-can-drink Prosecco. We’ve got our eyes on the prawn toast and okonomiyaki (omelette) mash-up. With style inspiration from the rest of the Bone Daddies crew, expect a trendy setting and a grungy soundtrack.
The rock ’n’ roll brunch experience at The House of Hô encapsulates Soho in one rocking meal. While it is slightly pricier than most other options, chef Bobby Chinn’s Saturday brunch set menu is both tasty and trendy. As a rare bonus, the menu includes unlimited bubbly. We love the unconventional idea of Vietnamese food for brunch, and the brunch selection itself is very comfortable for those who are not familiar with the cuisine. We adore the popcorn shrimp and vegetarian sushi, especially as we nibble on these to the tunes of rock classics performed by the live band.
With its Parisian-style décor and al fresco tables, Café Boheme will make you forget that Monday is just around the corner. Serving the usual breakfast staples alongside French cuisine, we recommend trying some of the more traditional plats. The tartare steak is particularly excellent. For those too sleepy, hungover or simply unable to pronounce the names of these French dishes, there are daily changing plat du jour (dish of the day) options. It need not be the weekend for there to be a good deal. While brunch here is, again, not typical or traditional, we love that London does brunch in many different ways.
Still peckish in Soho? Check out our list of the best restaurants in Soho, London.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.