Take away the fear of missing out on your travels and book one of these London tours. Whether you’re looking for local food, a spot of history or the secrets of the city, these nine experiences will help you discover a whole new side to the capital.
London’s labyrinthine neighbourhoods are packed with memorable things to see, eat and do, but can be tricky to navigate. Leave the planning to the experts and tailor your time in London around your interests with one of these unique guided trips.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This afternoon of conspiracy takes place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Meet at the Playhouse Theatre, where an expert on espionage history will guide you around London’s leading landmarks – from Number 10 Downing Street to the MI5 headquarters – exploring the darker side of the city. Make like James Bond at the end of the tour, and order a shaken-not-stirred martini in the historic Morpeth Arms pub – or even better, take advantage of the complimentary pint or glass of wine, and enjoy it over more tales of London’s most accomplished double agents and their fascinating exploits.
Check out some of London’s best LGBTQ+ underground events on this tour led by a local, knowledgable guide. Enjoy a night of thrilling entertainment, support local LGBTQ+ artists and learn all about the history of the city’s queer community on this alternative LGBTQ+ tour of London.
This two-hour art walk begins and ends at Old Spitalfields Market where you can indulge at one of the many outstanding food stalls. As you stroll through East London, your guide will paint a picture of the area’s alternative creative scene, explaining how it became such a haven for street artists. While you may not stumble across a Banksy on the tour, your knowledgeable guide will talk you through the urban art movement and point out works from roughly 40 different artists. Due to the spontaneous and ever-changing nature of street art, no two tours will ever be the same, so this is definitely an experience worth repeating.
This tasting tour starts at the Polo Bar in Bishopsgate from Monday to Thursday, and meets at Shoreditch Grind on Fridays and Saturdays. Whether you book in for some mid-week tipples or save yourself for a weekend session, you’ll be met by your orange-umbrella-toting guide for an afternoon of beer-sampling from London’s independent brewers. Learn how to properly taste beer, get insider knowledge about micro-brewing and learn which beers are industry favourites. Food is not included, but there will be many opportunities to sample some gastropub eats along the way, before ending at a secret venue.
The Bard might have preferred wine to scones and cream tea, but you can discover that for yourself on this tour of the world-famous Globe Theatre followed by a glass of prosecco and afternoon tea at the refined Swan Restaurant. The price also includes a ticket to the Shakespeare’s Globe exhibition on William Shakespeare’s life and work, which visitors are welcome to guide themselves through with the help of complimentary audio-guides, available in eight languages. Guided tours start at the Globe’s exhibition and tour entrance – it’s the one with the river-front view.
Join your guide for a culinary tour in front of the Evans Cycles shop near London Bridge station before heading off to your first stop: foodie hotspot Borough Market, which has been serving up the freshest produce for more than a thousand years. British cuisine isn’t necessarily known for its refinement, but this tour along the Thames will make you rethink the stereotype. Enjoy quintessentially British food such as fish and chips and Cumberland sausages made from a 150-year-old recipe, along with a selection of British cheeses and sweets along the way. The three hours of indulgence ends with a stop at a secret location where you will enjoy one last treat.
Along with classic fish and chips, this tour will let you sample the East End’s diverse best eats. Starting from Old Spitalfields Market, you’ll able to taste Bangladeshi curries from Brick Lane, Jewish beigels from a traditional bakery, cheeses from a 19th-century French cheesemonger, British classics from a 17th-century institution and the daily offering at the renowned St John’s Bread and Wine. At the end of the tour, your guide will also explain the East End’s cultural and culinary history over a pint (or two) at a local pub.
After booking this free tour, meet the group in bustling Covent Garden where you will then embark on a three-hour journey through London. Your tour guide will share the history of London’s most notable landmarks, giving you a better insight to the capital. In addition to Covent Garden, the tour also covers Trafalgar Square, St James’s Place, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and more. Suitable for all ages and accessible for people with mobility impairments, this tour will make your London trip unforgettable. While this experience is free, a tip for your exceptional guide is encouraged.
The meeting point in front of Winston Churchill’s statue in Parliament Square sets the tone for this two-hour tour. You may not walk away with a better understanding of Brexit, but your guide will detail the political history of the capital as you visit key sites like the Houses of Parliament and 10 Downing Street. If you love political drama, this tour is a must.
Book a private walking tour at £90 per-person and your guide will meet you at any central London hotel or a convenient tube station before leading you through the secret gardens and ruins of London. Some of the tour spots are so hidden that even born-and-bred Londoners might not even know they’re there. Highlights include the knot garden at St Mary Aldermanbury and the ruins of Christchurch Greyfriars, which undergo a transformation every spring when the flowers blossom.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.