ARKET is the only Scandi brand people will be talking about this autumn, and here’s why.
ARKET clothes are the kind you want to wear all the time…
As with its sister brands in the H&M Group, ARKET clothes are based around the ‘Scandi Chic’, minimalist aesthetic which offers functional, easy-to-wear pieces that transcend seasons, time (and maybe even space). For womenswear, ARKET is offering dreamy mohair jumpers with soft round neck collars, perfect high-waisted, wide-leg trousers in seventies beige and military black; cloud-like puff sleeved tops in camo-green and wear-anywhere floral dresses abound. For men, ARKET is equally successful with super-light down jackets, emerald polo necks and khaki joggers.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
…and, you can!
The joy is that ARKET is offering both ‘fashion’ pieces and staples (you can catch a full sneak peak here) often blending the two so that while there are obvious nods to trends these pieces won’t immediately feel outdated. Given the simple designs, layering opportunities are abundant, which adds an extra layer of versatility, They’ve also established an archive as a central element to their design ethos, and which they draw on for inspiration. ARKET’s designs re-imagine prints and patterns for the modern age to present a varied and nuanced uniform for everyday (wait, did we tell you we’re obsessed with ARKET?)
A post shared by ARKET (@arketofficial) on Jun 2, 2017 at 12:08am PDT
They’re building the brand on a sustainable ethos…
While the design aesthetic ensures longevity, the brand has also placed sustainability at the crux of their production values (the H&M group is adopting a sustainable model more widely, with WEEKDAY recently launching their sustainable swimwear brand). From their choice of suppliers and materials to making sure customers know how to care for their products (an initiative also recently championed by Stella McCartney), the importance of making clothes that are made to last is evident.
…and placing quality at the core
‘The starting point in each production is defining the quality we want to to reach,’ says the brand. As with their sustainable ethos, ensuring each garment is of high quality and is built to last means that customers can wear their favourite pieces again and again.
ARKET’s Regent Street store in London will sell food…
While the main focus will be ARKET’s clothes, the company wants to create a holistic shopping experience, in which customers can slow down and enjoy themselves while browsing the collection. The café is founded on the New Nordic Food Manifesto, with a vision for healthy living. Expect fresh juices and aromatic coffee as well as delicious rye bread sandwiches.
…and a multitude of other brands
Alongside their eponymous label, ARKET stores will offer a range of fashion and lifestyle brands so customers can truly live the ARKET dream. Whether it’s luxurious bottles of olive oil, Penguin and Phaidon books, shoes from Reebok, Adidas or glasses from Stockholm brand Nividas, the store will be a one-stop destination for all your needs.
Oh, and it’s affordable!
Prices start at £8 and range to around £300 for coats, which means there’s literally nothing to stop you from living the ARKET dream.
ARKET will open in London and online in Autumn 2017.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.