London is gothic grandeur. London is vibrant culture. London is pure magic.
One of the world’s most visited cities, London has something for everyone: from history and culture to fine food and exceedingly good times. 2000 years of history has made the ‘Big Smoke’ deeply cosmopolitan and exotic. With such diversity, London’s cultural dynamism makes it among the world’s most international cities.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
It is a city of ideas – an innovator of art and culture. Here, you’ll find a city filled with independent thinkers with larger-than-life imaginations. Think: theatrical innovation, contemporary art, pioneering music, writing, poetry, architecture and design. Oh, and the food, let’s not even talk about the glorious food. From literature to pubs, history to the Queen, here are 13 reasons why London is the greatest city on Earth.
1. With over 2,000 years of history, there are more iconic buildings and landmarks in London than pretty much any other city in the world.
2. Free culture. From museums to art galleries, verdant royal parks to art house exhibitions, London is one of the few cities in the world where you can see a masterpiece for absolutely nothing at all.
3. The Queen. Well, because, the Queen. She also represents over 1000 years of British tradition, values and democracy.
4. With over 8.4 million trees, 300,000 gardens and hectares upon hectares of green space, London is pretty much the UN definition of a National Park.
5. London is one of the most multicultural cities on the planet. Over the last seven years, the city has arguably become the babel of the modern world. Amazingly, the ‘Big Smoke’ is home to more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages.
6. Whatever the season, London is spellbindingly beautiful.
7. Charles Dickens, Virginia Woolf, George Orwell and Oscar Wilde,— London is the world’s greatest literary hub.
8. From cutesy farmers markets to street food meccas, you’ll find any cuisine you want here.
9. Screw public transport (even if it is the best system in the world), London is the most walkable city on the planet. Trust us, there’s nothing better than a walk along the Thames.
10. It’s the performing arts capital of the world.
11. You’re never more than 7 meters from a pub. Londoners love their alcohol. So much in fact, that there are over 7,000 pubs in the capital alone.
12. London has an awesome music history – David Bowie, Amy Winehouse, The Clash, Adele, Queen, George Michael, need we say more.
13. Londoners have incredible resilience. They are a defiant bunch and whatever happens, business will continue as normal.
Want more London news? This Tube Board has an Emotional Message for the World After the London Terror Attack.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.