If you’re into house or techno music, then you’ve come to the right place. Clubbers don’t flock to Leeds for generic club nights that they can find anywhere else in the country, they’re drawn to the city for its alternative take on a good night out. Expect the unexpected with a diverse range of musical genres that offer something for every taste. Here are six of the very best club spaces in the city.
Popular with both students and an older crowd, HiFi offers an eclectic array of music with its club nights, covering everything from funk and soul to jazz and hip-hop nights. Prices are cheap and the music is loud, making this underground dance floor a great choice for anyone who wants to spend their night on the dancefloor.
2 Central Rd, Leeds, +44 113 242 7353
One of the most iconic clubs in Leeds, The Warehouse has been a popular spot for night owls for over 35 years. Most nights you can expect to dance along to the very best house DJs that regularly grace the decks, with their regular nights always attracting large crowds. The large space encompasses three rooms, ensuring that there’s plenty of space to dance the night away.
The Warehouse, 19-21 Somers St, Leeds, +44 113 426 5078
Another stalwart on the Leeds clubbing scene, Mint Club has been the go-to club for house and techno music since it opened its doors back in 1997. As well as welcoming the best DJs in the country, the club also gives newcomers to the scene a chance to take to the decks, allowing clubbers to sample the best up-and-coming music. Anyone who loves dance music is guaranteed a great night here.
Mint Club, 8 Harrison St, Leeds, +44 113 244 3168
View this post on Instagram
✅ 48 TICKETS REMAIN ✅ We repeat…. ✅ 48 TICKETS REMAIN ✅ Friday morning Ticket Check complete, we know it's precise but there is no room for error this Saturday night, it's the most important partying night of the year is Halloween…. If you want to come you need to grab one of the 48 remaining tickets now via; 📍www.mintleeds.com📍 #GoodJourney #halloween #mintwarehouse #sellout #leeds
Located inside a converted church, this new venue on the Leeds clubbing scene was founded by three huge names in the industry: New Order’s Peter Hook, Back to Basics’ Dave Beer and Tokyo Industries’ Aaron Mellor. Not only is the venue a spectacular space, but the visiting DJs and regular club nights ensure that the crowds are pleased.
Technically, Beaver Works is situated outside the city centre, but it’s still one of the most exciting club spaces in Leeds. Based inside a Victorian warehouse, this huge club space is spread out over four rooms that all boast state of the art sound systems. DJs from across the country flock here to play to crowds of people intending on dancing all night long.
Beaver Works, 36 Whitehouse St, Leeds,+44 7943 814078
If banging dance music isn’t your thing, head to Wharf Chambers for an alternative club night. Unusually, this is a cooperative space where attendees must either be members or guests of a member to attend their events. Catering for an alternative crowd, expect to hear a diverse range of music across their eclectic nights that provide an inclusive space where anyone can feel welcome.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.