The seaside town of Hove has many exciting bars and hangouts. From pubs with live music, to vintage themed bars, you’ll easily be able to find a strong drink in cool surroundings whilst in Hove.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Bee’s Mouth has a quirky, vibrant atmosphere. Located on Western Road, this pub specialises in craft beers from Belgium and is a great place if you’re looking for something a bit different. The inside of the Bee’s Mouth adds to its exciting atmosphere, with soft lighting and candles and incense wherever you look. A popular destination in Hove, the Bee’s Mouth is a great musical venue, with live music weekly from jazz to rock. You’ll also find open mic nights, life drawing classes, and film showings.
The Ginger Pig, or ‘Pig’ is one of a chain of restaurants owned by Ben McKellar. This contemporary pub is a classy setting to grab a drink with friends, and has a great cocktail menu. Choose from the known classics to those with a slight spin such as the Hove Cosmopolitan, or the House Daiquiri. You’ll also find many dessert-themed drinks on the menu, such as the Salt Caramel Martini, with toffee vodka, Werther’s Original, and a salt rim. The Ginger Pig has a great atmosphere in the evening, with many locals visiting to end a busy work day with a drink. For more information on its delicious food, check out our article here.
Paris Wine Bar
The Paris Wine Bar is a stylish bar and restaurant on Church Road, offering quality food and authentic French wine. On the wine menu you’ll find a good selection of sparkling, red, white, and rosé, along with a handful of cocktails (many of them champagne cocktails). The Paris Wine Bar also has a delicious menu with main meals, or smaller finger food and mezze dishes.
The Westbourne is your friendly, local pub, offering great drinks and a welcoming atmosphere. The Westbourne has a good selection of real ales, ciders, spirits and more, as well as serving some of the local Sussex brews. The inside of the pub is well decorated and inviting, with mismatched furniture and a large map of the world painted on one wall. The Westbourne also serves some great pub food for you to enjoy with your drinks, from small plates and sides to sirloin steak or pulled pork.
The Foragers Pub
The Foragers Pub is a firm favourite in Hove, with a strong philosophy of using local produce in their kitchen. The inside of the pub is welcoming and light, and is usually busy with regular customers. You’ll often find themed nights at the Foragers, with anything from ’20s to ’80s music blasting on a buzzing evening. Much of their food is locally sourced, and they do a mean Sunday Roast.
Speakeasy at the Wick
Located about the Wick, the Speakeasy will transport you back in time to the 1920s America, where drinking was illegal but the bars were the place to be. You’ll find 1920s jazz humming through the speakers, intimate tables lit by candlelight, and post-war artwork adorning the walls. Whatever you fancy, be it a cocktail with friends or something more straightforward, you’ll find both great drinks and a very relaxed vibe at the Speakeasy, quite different from anything else you’d find in Hove.
An altogether more healthy bar-alternative, YouJuice is a relatively new bar opened between Brighton and Hove, offering cold pressed juices using organic locally sourced ingredients. There is a wide range of juices and smoothies to choose from at YouJuice, each packed with fresh fruits and vegetables. YouJuice cold presses their juice as they believe this delivers a fresher taste, with more nutrients. Juices will change depending on what’s in season, but you’ll find a rainbow of different options to suit all your needs, whether you’re fighting off a cold, or replenishing after an intensive workout.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.