With hundreds of miles of coastline and swathes of untouched natural beauty, Cornwall is packed with views that encourage serious daydreaming. Seeking a restaurant that rests on a cliff edge? Or perhaps a king-size bed where you can watch the world go by? All that – and more – is on offer in our spectacular selection of hotels with sea views in Cornwall, bookable on Culture Trip.
With dazzling views of St Michael’s Mount, this 20-room boutique hotel feels tranquil and secluded with an elevated position above Marazion. The contemporary rooms are spread over two floors, and the best have magnetic views of Mount’s Bay with its passing ships and puttering boats. There’s also a pretty rock garden and sun-soaked Terrace Bar where you can soak up the view with a cocktail in hand, before heading downstairs to the restaurant for dishes that are fresh, seasonal and elegant.
The decked terrace of this clifftop bolthole is the perfect vantage point from which to take in views across St Ives Bay. Kick back in a rattan chair while watching the sea stretching out to the horizon. Many of the individually styled, contemporary rooms also look out across the ocean – the suitably named Celebration is the largest, with a sunken bath for two. In the restaurant and bar, the menu reflects the coastal location, from the seafood soup to the Cornish sparkling wine.
Set on the water’s edge, Greenbank has panoramic vistas of Falmouth with its boats bobbing in the harbour and gulls wheeling overhead. Take stock of it all from the sun-soaked terrace for an al fresco drink, or from the cosy restaurant with its large windows and smart parquet flooring. The Lookout Suite is the best room for view-finders, where you can spend hours watching the world idle by from the comfort of your bed or private balcony.
Wake up and open your windows to a manicured lawn that tumbles down the big blue sea. Talland Bay has an enviable position on the dramatic south coast between Portlooe and Lantic Bay – with views to match. Guest rooms have views towards either the sea or the gardens for those preferring more of a country feel. Whichever you choose, you’ll feel blissfully removed from all things urban.
Couched in a cliff on Cornwall’s windswept north coast, Lewinnick Lodge is the ultimate storm-watching spot. Marvel at the huge Atlantic rollers crashing in from the large glass windows in the restaurant, where the menu has a seafood slant. The hotel has six sea-view rooms, sunken into the cliff, where you can watch the waves from the comfort of your bed or bath.
This luxury B&B has a small and homely feel with big views. With just one bedroom, it’s positioned above Mawgan Porth beach on the north coast. Take in the gold sand and rugged cliffs from your private terrace, which has a hot tub waiting in one corner. Guests can pamper themselves by booking a massage to their room and feast on breakfasts of honey-roast halloumi and superfood porridge while watching those views. Hotels with a sea view in Cornwall are rarely so indulgent.
Hotels with sea views in Cornwall are one thing, but this former coaching inn also offers an up-close sight of Mount’s Bay and the famous St Michael’s Mount. It’s been converted into a contemporary restaurant with 10 rooms, and has pride of place in Marazion with its galleries, cafes and beach. Book a sea-view suite for the best panoramas and a balcony. Or simply head to the two-storey restaurant, where staff in striped tops serve hearty, locally sourced food.
For more options, read our guides to the top pet-friendly places to stay in Cornwall and the best hotels in Fowey, then book on Culture Trip. Want something extra-special? See our guide to the best spa retreats in Cornwall. For a relaxing stay, check out our pick of the best hotels with hot tubs to book in Cornwall, as well as the most romantic hotels in the region, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.