On the scenic southwest tip of England, jacuzzis come with a side serving of sea views, sumptuous suites and soothing spas.
Like the idea of sinking into a hot tub with a drink in hand and fabulous sea views? That’s easy to come by in Cornwall, which has more than its fair share of hotels with jacuzzis. Whether you’re after your own private tub or a spa with extra bubble and a side serving of hydropools, steam rooms and saunas, we’ve got you covered. Here’s our pick of the best hotels in Cornwall with hot tubs – bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Grab yourself a drink and slip into the outdoor hot tub at Lower Barns, on the edge of St Austell. It’s in a sunny spot at the end of the terrace, proving an ideal place for a sundowner. Two suites in this boutique bolthole – Cranny and Nook – also have private hot tubs. Spa treatments feature out-of-the-ordinary touches – think rose-petal soaks for your manicures and Japanese shiatsu massages.
Fancy wallowing in a Cornwall accommodation with a hot tub overlooking the sea? That’s what’s on offer at the chic Gannet Inn; as a guest, you’ll also get to use the C Bay Spa at sister property Carbis Bay Hotel. The private jacuzzi is on the deck outside the couples massage room. There’s much on offer in the rest of the spa, too, with an outdoor heated pool, a hydropool and dramatic views across the sub-tropical gardens and sea.
Retreat from a chilly, windswept walk around St Breock Downs – home of the largest prehistoric standing stone in Cornwall – to the warm waters of the hot tub at Hustyns. Set within the hotel gardens, the spa has facilities including a gym, a 66ft indoor pool, a sauna and steam room, plus low-lit treatment rooms. Book in for a detoxifying seaweed body wrap or a deluxe manicure. Everyone from pregnant women to teenagers (aged 13-17, accompanied by an adult) is catered for here.
One of the most luxurious hotels in Cornwall, Carbis Bay has a high-end hot-tub game to match. For the ultimate experience, book one of the on-site Beach Lodges, which have private jacuzzis in lush gardens overlooking the sea. Alternatively, head to the C Bay Spa, where there’s a hot tub you can book for private use, also with sea views. Don your fluffy robe and pad between the fire-heated relaxation lounge, outdoor barrel sauna and relaxing hydropool.
The bubble pool is just one of many features of the fabulous spa at the Cornwall. There’s also an infinity pool with views towards the pretty walled garden, a dry sauna, an aromatherapy steam room and a fitness suite. Treatments are also available – we love the sound of the De Vigne massage, which will leave you smelling like jasmine and orange blossom. Ideal after a day exploring the nearby Lost Gardens of Heligan, one of the best things to see and do in Cornwall.
Down in Falmouth, St Michaels Resort has a revamped spa boasting a bespoke hydrotherapy pool, indoor and outdoor saunas, 10 treatment rooms and the first Cornish sea salt steam room in the world. You could happily spend your whole stay inside its serene walls, but the hotel also offers outdoor classes, including beach yoga and military-style boot camps. There’s also a health club with a gym, a 56ft pool, an additional sauna and steam rooms.
High on a hill overlooking the water, this Cornwall hotel with a hot tub has a spa with a family-friendly feel. Parents can book little ones into the creche while they enjoy a pamper, or swim and chill out with the kids on the terrace. The hot tub is outdoors and has uninterrupted sea views, ideal for easing aching muscles after a day hiking on the South West Coast Path.
Step inside the spa at Bedruthan and you won’t want to leave. It has stellar views over Mawgan Porth beach and a luxurious hydropool from which you can enjoy it. Let the jets knead away your tensions, then head into the eucalyptus steam room or cedar-wood sauna. Outside, the Sensory Spa Garden takes inspiration from the elements, with hot tubs, salt scrubs and a firepit where you can relax with your feet soaking in a steamy foot bath. Bliss.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.