Now, as just about everyone turns to the internet and social media for information, we see more and more fashion obsessives setting up blogs to share their inspirations, their musings and their personal style. Naturally, it’s the millennials that are at the cusp of this ever-growing industry, having been brought into an already-existing digital world, but it’s the slightly older generation of fashion bloggers that we find the most intriguing. Arguably more comfortable with their own sense of style and boasting more years of trial and error than their younger counterparts, their acute awareness of the industry is not only inspiring but also informative. Here, we list those that will bring something a little different to your daily feed.
Get inspired on what to wear for a summer in London here.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
She writes, she blogs, she founded the now-famous website atelierdore.com, and she is a New York Times best selling author for her book, Love Style Life. There’s seemingly nothing that Garance Doré cannot do. Multi-talented, inspirational and beautiful to boot, her sense of style is eclectic, but it always maintains an element of her heritage French charm as she mixes fashion’s interchangeable trends with a considered edit of timeless investments. Style is ageless; Doré is proof of that, and she, like many of the most reputable fashion bloggers of our generation, is a brand in herself. What’s more? This woman speaks the truth. Take note of her wise words as well as her style tips, and start to feel a whole lot more empowered than you ever thought you would just by following a fashion influencer.
Launching her blog, Online Stylist, in 2009 after taking redundancy from her job in finance, Amanda Start is living proof that a true passion, when executed correctly, can turn itself into a career. Her website and Instagram page is a beautifully curated assortment of inspirations, imagery and style notes with a distinctive aesthetic and a personable tone of voice. An expert in capsule wardrobe staples and heralding cashmere as her fabric of choice, her sense of style communicates a luxurious ease that’s so relatable that you’ll find yourself seeking out her pages time and time again, not least before making your new-season wishlist. Search her hashtag #elevatetheeveryday, put your hand on your heart and repeat the mantra; Style Is Ageless before embarking upon your next wardrobe update.
Launched by Lyn Slater as a creative outlet outside of her law profession (do we sense a trend here?), Accidental Icon presents an intelligent approach to fashion and a unique way of dressing. Priding herself on having original style without being eccentric, her blog posts and Instagram feed present a fascinating mix of luxury pieces worn well. Perhaps you’re not the kind of person who will ever invest in Issey Miyake or Jean Paul Gaultier but there’s something about this particular insider that sticks in your mind and her confident approach is a takeaway in itself. Not only does she look great, but her words are carefully put together and have meaning. Whether it’s the recurring Weekend Bibliography that draws you back or you prefer something a little more profound (see the recent post entitled; One Demographic) one thing is for sure – there’s a reason why this unique creative has collated over 250k followers.
A Style Album
You may recognise the faces behind fashion and lifestyle blog, A Style Album, as Louise Redkapp and Emma Thatcher both have their own reputable Instagram accounts and careers outside of the blog. One of the first U.K-based blogging partnerships, their approach is one that stands out from the crowd. Yes, their sense of style is complementary but both women bring something different to the content and offer a personal twist on trends that, in essence, is two sets of inspiration for the price of one. Not only focusing on style but specialising in travel and interiors as well, this well-presented, carefully thought-out blog is the perfect place to spark your own creativity and inspire a beautiful life.
Does My Bum Look 40
Incase you hadn’t guessed it from the blog name, Kat Farmer doesn’t take her work too seriously, and her posts come laced with a witty charm that’s infectious. Seeing her blog as a sort-of diary of her 40s, she takes a modern approach to classic style and she ‘does’ wardrobe staples well, nodding to current trends in a sophisticated manner that will inspire you to strip back your own collection and start from the basics upwards. Think jeans and a Breton tee with statement earrings or a block midi heel and you’ve got it in one. Her looks are easily copiable and her not-so-perfectly edited version of life is relatable, which is what makes this mother-of-two so enticing. A light-hearted approach to blogging with a plethora of knowledge, Does My Bum Look 40 has well and truly earned its spot in our hitlist.
More of a muse than a blogger, Sophie Fontanel’s is the kind of Instagram page that you could find yourself scrolling for hours on end and never get bored. A French columnist and author of The Art Of Sleeping Alone: Why One Woman Suddenly Gave Up Sex, she believes that in order to be well dressed, one must be well read. And that’s what gives her her edge. There’s absolutely nothing try-hard about this 55 year old content creator, and her mirror selfies capture a sense of personality as well as an eclectic approach to getting dressed in the morning. Don’t expect to be able to shop all of her outfits, though, as she sources a lot of her most stand-out pieces in vintage stores, bringing them up to date with the addition of a high street item or a current season accessory. Think one-of-a-kind prints mixed with a dash of H&M and a touch of Maison Valentino and you’ve got it in one.
The beauty of the 40+ influencers is that many of them not only create beautiful, inspiring content (some for a living, others for the love of it), but they also have multiple other strings to their bow. Debroah Brett is the Fashion Editor at Large at Wardrobe Icons, contributing editor at Red magazine and a founding member of the British Fashion Council’s Fashion Trust. As if that’s not enough, she also inspires on a daily basis through the use of her Instagram page, sharing the most relevant trends and designers with her followers, as well as how to wear them. Another of the more personable accounts, there’s something especially effortless about Deborah’s curation which makes it all the more enticing. Fashion aside, this is also a great account to head for if you’re looking for travel tips and foreign hotspots.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.