Catch up with the trends: SS18 fashion shows are unfolding everywhere from Copenhagen to the Caribbean, Portugal to Panama – and of course, the ‘big four’: London, Paris, New York and Milan. Whether you’re looking for the hottest new styles in menswear or looking for an update on womenswear collections, Culture Trip brings you the need-to-know SS18 trends this year.
Paris fashion week SS18 trends, and more
Marking the finale in the fashion month calendar, Paris is the fashion week that draws the most attention and drives the most sales. It’s also the most fun, with a heady mixture of high art and streetwear combining for endless people watching and riveting shows.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Read the best of our Paris fashion week coverage below.
Why is everyone in Paris wearing crocs? Culture Trip sends a love letter to a Paris trend this season.
Milan Fashion Week SS18 report
London Fashion Week SS18 trends
Perhaps it was the injection of new fashion blood courtesy of Edward Enninful and his gang at British Vogue, perhaps it was a post-Brexit bounce back, but this season saw one of the most vibrant and exciting fashion weeks in London to date. From new designers honing their offer, to established houses bringing back iconic looks and experimenting with new formats, it was certainly one to remember. Read through our London Fashion Week SS18 coverage below.
Here’s why you should be excited about Huishan Zhang, the new face of luxury in London.
How Londoners fell in love with the Beret: a London fashion street style report.
New York Fashion Week SS18 trends
In spite of some major names relocating to show in Paris, New York Fashion Week SS18 offered seductive energy from start to finish: Tom Ford kicked off with pink power suits, while Sies Marjan offered silky, pastel two-pieces.
Read our guide to how designers prepare for New York Fashion Week SS18.
A New Divinity at Músed by Lindsay Jones: NYFW SS18 Trend Report.
Copenhagen Fashion Week SS18
The most fashionable crowds descended on Copenhagen, marking the start of the SS18 womenswear season. From international editors to the city’s most stylish residents, Culture Trip brings you the best street style looks from Copenhagen Fashion Week.
Read Culture Trip’s complete fashion guide to Copenhagen here.
A post shared by Style Sight WorldWide (@stylesightworldwide) on Aug 17, 2017 at 9:10am PDT
London menswear SS18 trend report
For the London menswear SS18 shows, binary-smashing style took centre stage with extravagant and Instagram friendly catwalk shows to boot. Bumbags were the accessory ‘du jour’ and Vivienne Westwood made a much anticipated return to the city.
See the best of London Fashion Week Mens street style here.
Find out what’s up in menswear through our long-read on the state of masculinity.
Read our London Fashion Week Mens show reports here.
The SS18 fashion week dates to know about
New York Fashion Week SS18: 7th – 14th September 2018
London Fashion Week SS18: 15th – 19th September 2018
Milan Fashion Week SS18: 20th – 27th September 2018
Paris Fashion Week SS18: 26th September – 3rd October 2018
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.