Forget the standard array of mainstream lingerie brands, there’s never been so many new, independent lingerie labels to get to know. From organic staples to covetable lace designs, Culture Trip rounds up the underwear brands that are changing the conversation around design, revolutionising the way women feel about their bodies in the process.
The Nude Label
Made in a family factory in Valencia, Spain, The Nude Label is an underwear brand with a focus on ethical style. Designs are minimal and heavenly comfortable, and the brand features models across the age and size spectrum, proving this is underwear for the everywoman.
A post shared by The Nude Label (@thenudelabel) on Jun 13, 2017 at 9:51am PDT
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Lingerie meets seamless underwear with Marieyat, a new underwear offer from Central Saint Martins graduate Marie Yat. Designs are produced in Marie’s home of Hong Kong, and the brand sells from London. Marrying comfort and sexuality, this is the underwear brand we’ve all been waiting for.
A post shared by MARIEYAT (@_marieyat_) on May 26, 2017 at 1:14am PDT
California-based company Pansy produces organic cotton underwear and leisurewear. All garments are dyed locally with fiber-reactive dyes in a factory in Novato, California, and styles offered include dreamy high rise pants and perfect-fit sports bras.
A post shared by PANSY (@pansyco) on Jun 24, 2017 at 12:11pm PDT
Me and You
Me and You celebrates female friendship and feminism, in part by offering fabulous slogan-stamped underwear. Choose from the cute days of the week series, cherub prints and the must sought after ‘feminist’ print.
A post shared by @its_meandyou on May 7, 2017 at 11:46am PDT
New Zealand lingerie company Lonely specialises in lace and sheer lingerie which is delicate and fits dreamily. They champion a diverse range of women to represent their brand, and celebrate women’s body whatever shape or size.
A post shared by Lonely Lingerie (@lonelylingerie) on Apr 2, 2017 at 12:03am PDT
Canadian brand Fortnight is on a mission to “redefine underwear.” Based in Toronto, they are passionate about restoring craftsmanship to the heart of the design, emphasising on their website the intricacy of making lingerie; it takes 25 separate parts to make one bra, for example. Their dedication shows, and results in beautiful pieces that are made to last.
A post shared by FORTNIGHT LINGERIE & SWIM (@fortnightlabel) on Jun 4, 2017 at 8:37am PDT
Undone is a boutique that specialises in selling under-the-radar and independent lingerie brands. With international shipping and regular sales, this is a must-know destination for all your lingerie needs.
A post shared by Undone (@shopundone) on Jun 13, 2017 at 9:33am PDT
Danish brand BaseRange focuses on putting out sustainable leisurewear. Their underwear comes in silk and organic cotton, with designs that are simple and timeless. Their fleeces are also perfect for mooching around on weekends.
A post shared by baserange (@baserange) on Feb 19, 2017 at 9:20am PST
Colombian/US underwear brand Mai Petit offers classic silhouettes with natural fabrics. “MAI PETIT is a gift that women give themselves,” states the brand on their website, and we find it hard to disagree.
A post shared by Mai Petit (@maipetitlingerie) on Oct 6, 2016 at 7:14pm PDT
Produced in New York from Italian fabrics, Araks Yeramyan launched her eponymous lingerie label to make women feel beautiful – sheer and super-soft fabrics ensure lingerie feels totally natural while colours range from nudes to rich oxblood, tangerine orange, lemon yellows and cerulean shades.
A post shared by ARAKS (@araksofficial) on Jun 23, 2017 at 1:04pm PDT
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.