Lviv is truly an extraordinary city not only in terms of history, architecture and leisure, but also because of its exceptional hotels. Ever thought of experiencing life in a 19th-century fortification? Or maybe living in a vinotheque hotel? Check out the coolest places to stay, while in the western capital of Ukraine.
A lot of hotels in Lviv and all over Ukraine offer a great budget value option. The historical George Hotel is such a place. Its history dates back to 1793. From the windows, you can see magnificent panoramas of old Lviv. Rooms are decorated in a classic style and combine aristocratic elegance and cosiness at the same time. Not surprisingly, it is an architectural monument of the times of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy in Lviv.
Nobilis is a place where you can spend time in luxury and enjoy an elegant atmosphere. It’s an exquisite building in the style of the Austro-Hungarian construction. This five-star hotel is located just within walking distance from the Svobody Ave, the central street of the city. The hotel offers spa and wellness centre to its guests: a Roman sauna and Finnish steam room, Balinese massages, stone therapy, cosmetology and other salon services. There’s also a gym available 24 hours a day.
Chopin Hotel is not only a comfortable accommodation, but also a hotel with amazing proximity to the most popular attractions in Lviv. Its building occupies a square in the old city near the Lviv Regional Philharmonic Hall, adjacent to the 19th-century Potocki Palace and the Lviv Art Gallery. All the rooms have a wonderful view of the city or the courtyard. On the ground floor of the Chopin Hotel, there’s a pub and a marvellous summer terrace, where guests can spend evenings or get a continental breakfast in the morning.
If you are in the mood for some unforgettable experiences, then Citadel Inn Hotel is the place to stay. Occupying a building of the 19th-century fortification, the five-star accommodation is situated nearby the famous architectural site – Potocki Palace. The hotel has all the possible facilities, from free Wi-Fi and cable television to 24-hour sauna and gym. There’s also a restaurant called Garmata, which is well-known for its refined dishes of Ukrainian and European cuisine. Moreover, Citadel Inn Hotel is surrounded by the green park, which is a great place for a picnic.
The central location of the Hotel Leopolis is ideal both for businessmen and tourists visiting Lviv. It is just a block away from the Market Square (the main square in Lviv), the City Hall and the mysterious Jesuit Church. Price for a night includes breakfast and all taxes so that you don’t have to worry about looking for a place to eat in the morning. Hotel Leopolis also has a library, where guests can relax after a long day and read a nice book.
Vintage Boutique Hotel stands out among other Lviv hotels with its exquisite interior. It successfully combines medieval elegance and modern facilities and comfort. Being located in the heart of the city, all the major monuments and must-see venues are really close.The gem of the hotel is definitely its vinotheque, which contains elite varieties of wines for the most demanding gourmets. It features the largest wine collection in the city, that is served in the exquisite French cuisine restaurant.
The hotel has operated since 2007 and is already a favourite place to stay among Ukrainians. It has a luxurious interior and attention to the smallest details. In the hotel restaurant, guests are served traditional Ukrainian and Italian cuisine, as well as a fine buffet for breakfast. Its location is perfect for avid travellers keen to explore Lviv. You can book excursions to the most interesting spots of the city or simply a sightseeing tour at the desk of the Swiss Hotel.
Being located near the ancient city of Lviv, Edem Resort & SPA is one of the best places for a weekend getaway in Ukraine. It is surrounded by dense forest, picturesque nature, excellent ecology and historical monuments of medieval castle architecture. It is a complex with the concept of recovery and recreation. Guests can access a private sandy beach, swimming pool, and are offered spa and wellness service for complete relaxation of mind and body.
Looking for more? Check into one of these top Ukraine hotels that are perfect for a weekend getaway.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.