Lviv is a great city for countless sightseeing opportunities. There are indeed so many ancient buildings, museums and monuments to visit, that for sure you will need a lot of energy. So check out the best coffee shops in the western capital of Ukraine to stay vigorous and cheerful all day long.
Lviv Coffee Mining Manufacture
Lviv Coffee Mining Manufacture is the most visited venue in the city. This place is popular due to its attraction – the mine, from which, according to legend, local coffee is extracted. Here you can try classic variations, as well as signature drinks with caramelized crust or alcohol. There is also an option of decaffeinated coffee, desserts, cocktails and wine. In the patio upstairs, guests can listen to live music during the evenings.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Glory café is a place that combines a coffee shop, restaurant and hookah bar together. It has a pleasant interior, a large number of tables on the terrace and inside, so you can easily spend the whole day there. There are more than 20 hot and cold coffee drinks on the menu. However, in contrast to other Lviv coffee shops, the prices are higher than average. Thus, you can get espresso for 32 UAH ($1,3) and large latte for 58 UAH ($2,1).
It is a legendary chain of coffee shops that buy coffee directly on plantations and roast it in Lviv. Locals love Svit Kavy, not in vain. The coffee taste from here is truly unique and delicious. The spot will please you with a great selection of different varieties of coffee, a wide range of desserts, tea and soft drinks. Despite being a two-storey building with a large terrace, Svit Kavy is always crowded with visitors.
When most of Lviv coffee shops are quite traditional and cosy, Black Honey can be distinguished by its contemporary and minimalistic interior. Nevertheless, the place offers extremely delicious and fragrant coffee of both classical and alternative brewing. All the drinks are made of freshly roasted grains. Black Honey is also attractive because of affordable prices, which start with less than $1 for a cup of strong coffee.
Na Bambetli is a very touristic place with great coffee and a range of alcoholic beverages. It also serves traditional desserts such as syrniki (cottage cheese pancakes), usually topped with smetana (sour cream) and strawberry or cherry jam. The venue offers a cosy and refined atmosphere of pre-revolutionary Lviv and, of course, friendly English-speaking personnel. The summer terrace is located in an old small courtyard, which will make your evenings more pleasant and joyful.
If you are a fan of the cappuccino’s lush foam, Brown will surprise you. Freshly grounded grains of premium coffee and organic farm milk is the best drink to try in Lviv. There are also selected black, green or fruit tea’s, which boost energy as good as your favourite coffee. It is a great place to be productive at or enjoy the calm pace of Lviv’s life, while sitting by the panoramic windows overlooking the city centre. The cuisine at Brown is quite simple, but hearty. The signature vegan sandwiches are worth trying.
Zolotoy Dukat is a special venue in Lviv. It has an incredible interior, designed with numerous mirrors and in Galician traditions. The cafe numbers more than 40 types of fresh coffee, among which are some unusual samples. For instance, there’s a coffee drink with black chocolate and nuts and cream to try, which is why local people come to this coffee shop. Zolotoy Dukat opened in 2004 and is definitely one of the must-visit spots in the city of Lviv.
As the working hours of the Urban Coffee start from the early morning – 8 AM, it is a perfect spot to pop in and get your takeaway drink before the busy day. Except for traditional coffee, the menu features the original varieties of latte: with whipped cream, Oreo cookies or Sneakers. Despite being quite a small spot, Urban Coffee offers a high-quality coffee, prepared with the same equipment as Starbucks.
White Coffee or Bila Kava in Ukrainian is an authentic coffee shop in the center of Lviv. Here you can not only enjoy a large variety of coffee drinks, but also make an order and receive your favourite pack of grounded coffee to any corner of Ukraine. A drink to try is white coffee of branded blend, which costs only 37 UAH ($1.4). Moreover, you can also get a classic Ukrainian syrniki or cake with cherries or blueberries as a snack.
When it’s freezing cold outside, Café Map is the first place to drop in for a cup of fragrant coffee. It is a warm coffee shop with a special atmosphere and delicious Italian coffee. Café Map is a legendary place, primarily because of its incredibly cheap prices, delicious breakfast and brunch deals and signature coffee drinks. All the sweet tooths of Lviv come here to try vanilla caramel latte, topped with cream and chocolate. In the spring-summer season, they install a terrace, from which you can enjoy the view of the ancient heart of the city.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.