Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Visit this bar to discover the wide range of the world’s famous cocktails, as well as signature ones. The interior hides interpretations of Freud in various portraits, which will give you a sign that you’ve come to the right destination – Pink Freud. The menu is divided into four chapters: sweet, sour, strong, and refreshing cocktails. Thus, it is easy to make a right decision. Inside the building, there is also a kitchen, just in case you get hungry while partying.
In 1892, Anton Chekhov wrote “Ward No.6,” a short story about an asylum, which later became the inspiration for this underground bar. Here, waitresses wear nurse outfits, and drinks are served in test tubes and syringes. It’s famous in Kiev for the “helmet” cocktail: the bartender hands out helmets to a group, sets them on fire, and then hits participants on the head as they drink. It’s not as dangerous as it sounds. Though difficult to find – its entrance is an unmarked door in an apartment block – the bar is very popular, perhaps thanks to affordable prices, even by Kiev standards.
Kiev has a lot of underground bars but also places towering above the city like b-hush bar. The view is absolutely spectacular and the place has done its utmost to enhance it by installing panoramic windows and a summer terrace. It’s worth seeing at least once, especially at sunset. Apart from that, the higher quality that sets this exquisite cocktail and hookah lounge apart from the usual Kiev bars is also thanks to its location on the roof of the Intercontinental Hotel.
Looking for a pleasant atmosphere, high-quality cocktails, and a central location? The Bar is exactly what you need. Being situated in the entertainment complex Arena City in the heart of Kiev, the spot has parties every day and welcomes customers up to six o’clock in the morning. The Bar is one venue from the chain, along with The Cake and The Burger, that occupies the ground floor. There’s also a free photo booth inside, so that you can capture the moment and bring memories with you back home.
Kiev city has a lot of secrets. One of them is Loggerhead Bar. It begins with an unnamed door in a dark courtyard. By the door, there is a bell, and behind the door, an iron pin with a ball at the end – the loggerhead – which mixologists use to dissolve sugar into the drinks. In order to get in, one needs to guess the password. Once inside, you are introduced to the world of unexpected flavor combinations and a live jazz club.
Parovoz Speak Easy
The only bar in Kiev that has been keeping the status quo for many years now, Parovoz Speak Easy is always crowded and happens to be an engine of bar culture in Ukraine. It has its own school for barmen (Parovoz Mixology Course), which promotes the idea of a harmonious conjunction of inspiring drinks and speakeasy ambience. The Chocolate Old Fashioned and Rum Zombie are first cocktails to try. Despite the emphasis on the culture of drinking, the bar also has a kitchen with various kinds of pasta, fish, and meat dishes, and hot appetizers.
Dogs & Tails
A food and party place from the creators of Milk Bar in Kiev. An incredibly popular place, the name of which is decoded as hotDogs and cockTails. In contrast to most bars, there are no classic cocktails on the menu, since the barman is sure that everyone should have already tried those before. Instead, there are twists, often prepared with ingredients made in-house – including tinctures, syrups, and fruit purees.
A little outside the center, and thus very much off the beaten path, Solomyanska Brovarnya is the go-to pub for trying local beer. This spacious establishment focuses on helping patrons enjoy their beer, instead of merely ordering the same famous brand every time. Start with the dégustation set, consisting of a small assortment of six beers, and then move on to a pint or three of whichever tasted best. They also have a location in the city center, which is more touristy and a lot easier to access for travelers.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.