Judging by the number of recently opened coffee shops, Kiev is fast becoming a caffeine-fuelled capital. No matter the time of the day, you’ll find office workers here crowding round for a cup, or travellers leisurely enjoying afternoon latte. Here’s our pick of the best spots in town.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
The Blue Cup Coffee Shop
Having entered The Blue Cup Coffee Shop, you’ll walk into a world of fragrant coffee, healthy snacks and fabulous decor. Be sure to get your regular intake of freshly roasted coffee classics such as espresso, cappuccino and latte, or try alternatives and hot chocolate specialities. The interior of the coffee shop is stylish and unique – the walls are decorated with plastic deer heads, colourful wall paintings and rope lamps.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Chashka Espresso Bar
If you’re a fan of Friends, be sure to check out Chashka Espresso Bar, located in the very city centre. Much like in the TV series, here you can get a delicious cup of coffee, gather with friends or listen to good music. Not surprisingly, the coffee shop is crowded from the early morning to late night. Its friendly atmosphere makes it a great place at weekends, when it becomes a venue for workshops, book readings and coffee brewing courses.
ONE LOVE Espresso Bar
ONE LOVE is a chain of coffee shops all over Kiev’s Right Bank. However, if it’s the first time you’re visiting, ONE LOVE Espresso Bar is a great one to visit first. Situated in front of St. Nicholas Cathedral – one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Ukraine – the venue offers great coffee, a variety of artsy books and an incredible view from the summer terrace.
Come and Stay
Come and Stay is easily the cosiest coffee shop in the city. It serves not only freshly ground coffee, but also a range of tasty desserts for very affordable prices. In winter you can enjoy warm beverages and pies, while in summer Come and Stay will delight you with creamy frappuccino and flavoured homemade popsicles. Despite being located in a back alley, this spot is packed with visitors the entire day.
Fair Finch Coffee Center
This place is not only a coffee shop but also a coffee school, where you can learn to accurately distinguish the quality of coffee beans, different varieties of coffee, how to create a professional brew, or attend themed workshops. You can also buy accessories from the world’s leading manufacturers to prepare professional-standard coffee even at home.
1900 coffee point
In Kiev, the popularity of a coffee shop is often determined by its central location – which makes 1900 coffee point top of the charts. This tiny cafe occupies an old building on Saksahanskogo Street, where customers can work and relax, recharge with strong coffee or get something hearty to eat. You can also attend interesting lectures and master classes.
Espressoholic was among the first wave of coffee shops in Kiev, and has been serving delicious drinks since 2011. The team at this coffee shop actively develop alternative methods of coffee brewing, and introduce new deep and rich blends into their range of drinks on offer. Espressoholic is so popular in Kiev, that even when the city empties for the holidays, it’s still overflowing with local coffee nerds.
Make My Cake
Make My Cake is actually a sweet treat cafe that has come to Kiev from the port city of Odessa. Of course, people head there for lush macarons and tasty cakes, but its fragrant coffee is also worth attention. Take a seat here and enjoy the pleasant ambience, friendly waiters, lovely interior and extremely delicious food and drink.
RIGHT coffee bar
This place brews excellent coffee and serve adorable and enjoyable snacks including granola, brownie, pies, biscuits, and homemade ice cream. The venue opens from early morning to late evening – it’s the perfect spot to get an invigorating cup of coffee or listen to local DJs with friends. It is also among the few coffee shops in Kiev that can be visited with pets.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.