Want to explore the vibrant bazaars and rocky valleys in Turkey? Book Culture Trip’s 12-day group tour, where you’ll stop at key historical sites and glide across the landscape in a hot-air balloon.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
In the summer, there’s nothing better than cruising along the Mediterranean or Aegean coast and making frequent stops for swimming or exploring. Turkey offers many blue cruises (also referred to as gullet sailing), which offer a unique way to experience the beautiful coastal towns and beaches of the country.
About an hour’s drive outside Antalya, Çıralı is still a bit of a local secret and has one of the most beautiful beaches imaginable. Stay at a down-to-earth pension, take a dip in the dark blue water and explore the nearby ruins of the ancient Lycian city of Olympos.
Gaziantep is known for its fields of pistachio trees and is therefore one of the best places to taste baklava in Turkey. The city is also known for its excellent kebab varieties – often consumed for breakfast by locals.
Turkish wine is just beginning to make its mark on the world and the boutique vineyards here are in some of the most scenic Turkish landscapes. Tour operators such as Wine Tours Turkey offer an intimate glimpse into the wine-making regions of Tekirdağ, Hasköy, and Sarköy through private dinners with wine pairings.
Boza is a fermented millet drink usually enjoyed in the winter months – and Vefa Bozacısı is the best place to try it. Open since 1876, it provides a glimpse into the old Istanbul that is inevitably fading away.
One of the lesser-known destinations in Turkey, treasured for its architecture and history, Mardin is one of the most beautiful cities in the country. Get lost among the narrow historic streets, gaze up at the famous Artuqid stone houses, and indulge in the local cuisine (including amazing spiced wine).
One of the best ways to see Istanbul is from the Bosphorus. Hop on the long cruise operated by the city ferry to travel from Eminönü to where the strait meets the Black Sea. Get off at Anadolu Kavağı and eat fresh fish by the water before the ferry takes you back into the city.
A true marvel that’s still relatively unknown to visitors, the small village of Şirince outside of Izmir is a spectacular find with historic houses. Stay at Nişanyan Hotel – the owner was the first to undertake restorative projects to save the Şirince houses back in 1991.
The historic Ottoman houses of Safranbolu are some of the most well preserved examples you can find Turkey. It’s no wonder the small town became a Unesco World Heritage Site in the 1990s.
Climb to the top of Unesco-listed Mount Nemrut to discover a royal tomb that dates back to the first century BCE. Huge statues depict King Antiochus I Theos of Commagene and various Greek, Armenian, and Medes gods.
Inhabited by at least six empires throughout history, Hasankeyf is a significant ancient city that will soon dissolve due to a dam project that will flood the area. Make sure to see the ancient caves, Old Tigris Bridge, the mosque, and the Zeynel Bey Mausoleum before they disappear.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.