With so many big-hitting sights, it can be hard to get a fresh look at Amsterdam. These handpicked tours and experiences take you away from the crowds and show the Dutch capital in a whole different light.
One way to get a different perspective on a city is to leave it. No, really! Head to the outskirts to get an insider feel for how the place knits together. We’re fans of the kayak and custom bicycle tours. If you prefer to soak up the sights centrally, why not take a Segway tour, or kick back and enjoy canal views from a covered boat, local beer in hand. Amsterdam will never seem the same again.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This guided waterland canoe tour takes you through nature and the villages in Old Holland near Amsterdam, only 15 minutes from the city centre. See the ‘real’ Dutch way of life and explore Old Holland’s nature. Paddle through the village and the area’s reed lands, hear the birds sing and smell the plants around you on this outdoor adventure with a group size of maximum 10 adults.
This 1.5-hour small-group Segway sightseeing tour with a maximum of 7 people will show you the best of Amsterdam’s city centre on two wheels. Glide effortlessly through the historic streets of Amsterdam, along the city’s canals and over its many canal bridges. Segway is the first of its kind — a self-balancing personal transport device that is a lot of fun!
Over the course of approximately 3 hours we’ll take you through the most beautiful and interesting aspects of this city to learn about its rich and strange history as well as the weird foibles that make up Amsterdam’s culture. We mix this with the observations and opinions of your guide, all of whom are well seasoned and eager to share their hard-earned knowledge. Biking is thirsty work, so we often stop towards the end for a drink at one of our favourite local watering holes!
Get on board of one of the comfortable boats. Sail the canals and experience Amsterdam in peace from the water.Our hosts and captains will make sure that you have the best canal cruise of your life! They will guide you through the canals of Amsterdam and tell you everything you have always wanted to know. From the comfort of our boat you can enjoy Amsterdam from the water. Cruise along Amsterdam’s most beautiful canals, Amstel River, 7 bridges and the Skinny Bridge. Listen to the host tell you some fun stories about Amsterdam while you consume free drinks; 70 minutes of pleasure, for only €20.Please note that some of our boats are currently partly covered, with a glass top, while some are open.
Come and explore the enchanting streets of one of the most photogenic cities in the world. Follow along with your private photographer-guide as you discover the most captivating angles of iconic Amsterdam, as well as new sights you will not forget. All the while, you will demystify the complexities of your camera and learn how to capture the perfect shot.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.