Offering services above and beyond high street fashion retailers, the following noteworthy boutique stores stock everything from on-trend sneakers to simple, well-designed womenswear. As many of these stores sell in-house designs, their collections are often unique and exclusively available to shoppers in Amsterdam.
Amsterdam’s premier women’s streetwear store, T.I.T.S. stocks many on-point items that are pretty much impossible to find anywhere else in the Netherlands, including pieces from Lazy Oaf, Stussy and House of Sunny. Over the past few years, the store has also branched out and created its own line of branded clothing, emblazoned with its millennial pink logo. Well-loved for its Instagram-ready collections and enviable photoshoots, T.I.T.S. is quite possibly the best spot in the city for fresh, daring womenswear with heavy splashes of primary or pastel colours.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Concrete Matter‘s unique collection gravitates around useful, durable products that are designed to outlive their owners. The store exclusively stocks timeless items that are made to withstand years of wear-and-tear, such as high-grade pocket knives, stainless steel flasks or sturdy flannel shirts. Apart from these indispensable items, Concrete Matter also sells high-end lifestyle products that are geared towards modern men, including artisanal beard creams and awesome old-school collectibles.
Tenue de Nîmes
Starting life as a denim specialist store with a focus on high-quality jeans in 2008, Tenue de Nîmes has expanded its repertoire over the years, evolving into a brand equally known for its fashion savoir-faire and welcoming approach to retail. Its hand-picked collections tend to sway towards simple, modern designs with classic prints and silhouettes made from high-quality fabrics. Think Breton striped tees cut from organic cotton or straight-legged jeans designed with comfort and durability in mind. Aside from their in-house creations, consisting of basics, casual wear and denim, Tenue de Nîmes also stocks items from highly-respected international studios, including A.P.C., Levi Strauss and Acne Studios.
Since launching back in 2004, Patta has developed from a small enterprise, mainly built around importing difficult-to-find sneakers and clothes into Amsterdam, to possibly the most influential streetwear brand in the Netherlands. Drawing from classic sportswear, hip-hop and Amsterdam itself, their limited-edition designs regularly sell out very quickly after they are released. Even though it’s now a major player in the world of streetwear, Patta still sells sneakers and clothes from other brands in its flagship store on Zeedijk, alongside its own collections, which often include collaborations with the likes of Vans, Adidas and Puma (to name a few).
Geared towards sneakerheads with an eye for streetwear, Baskèts Stores has two locations in Amsterdam that both stock the latest and greatest items from international brands known for their game-changing designs. As you’d expect from a trend-conscious streetwear retailer, Baskèts updates its collection with drops as they happen, adding new sneakers, shirts and outwear to their shelves throughout the year. Aside from eye-catching pieces from brands like Nike, Obey or New Balance, Baskèts also sells items created in-house, featuring the brand’s distinctive monochrome logo and limited-edition collaborations with other designers or studios.
Balancing retail with relaxation, COTTONCAKE offers shoppers the opportunity to browse through a selection of hand-picked items, then chill with coffee, juice or light meals inside its cosy, on-site lunchroom. Featuring whitewashed brick walls, industrial-style clothing racks and an espresso machine perched on an old chest of drawers, the store looks incredible and has a collection to match, which mainly centres around comfortable, stylish casual wear. COTTONCAKE also sells its own line of perfumes and candles inspired by world travel, which are available in-store and online.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.