Nothing beats finding a perfect souvenir to memorialise time well spent abroad and in The Hague, there are plenty of places to pursue this objective, including several stores that stock super local products or other items that are associated with North-Holland.
Kompaan Brouwerij began brewing beers in the Hague around five years ago and has since amassed a considerable following. Their delicious craft beers are available at stockists throughout the Hague and inside their main plant on Saturnstraat which also features a popular taproom.
📍 Kompaan Brouwerij, Saturnusstraat 55, the Hague, +31 70 762 2494
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
De Delftse Pauw
Although this charming ceramics workshop and showroom lies just beyond the Hague’s official borders, it is definitely worth making a trip to de Delftse Pauw as the company is among the last Delfware producers to hand paint their pottery. It is also possible to participate in guided tours around de Delftse Pauw’s factory.
📍 De Delftse Pauw, Delftweg 133, Rijswijk, +31 15 212 4920
Hop en Stork
Hop en Stork are renowned for their artisanal coffee and luxurious chocolates. Many of their delicious creations are handmade onsite at their open-plan chocolatier in the Hague’s historical de Passage shopping arcade.
📍 Hop en Stork, Passage 82, the Hague, +31 70 345 2273
Mauritshuis’ incredible collection includes many masterpieces from the Dutch Golden Age, such as Johannes Vermeer’s magnum opus Girl with A Pearl Earring. The museum’s gift shop stocks many awesome products that feature reproductions of its collections and many other items that perfectly capture Mauritshuis’ enduring charms.
📍 Mauritshuis, Plein 29, the Hague, +31 70 302 3456
Van Kleef distillery was founded in 1842 and has continued to produce fine liqueurs and jenever ever since. The distillery makes many varieties of jenever and has refined the spirit into perfection. There’s even several limited editions available at Van Kleef including an aged jenever called Old Chap that has been aged inside bourbon barrels.
📍 Van Kleef, Lange Beestenmarkt 109, The Hague, +31 70 345 2273
De Pier Shop
Scheveningen’s newly renovated pier contains many awesome attractions including a huge ferris wheel, bungy jump tower and a dedicated souvenir store which stocks classic beach items and other paraphernalia associated with the Hague.
📍 De Pier Shop, Strandweg 150-154, The Hague
De Haagse Markt
The Hague’s biggest market has plenty to offer visitors to the city and always features a diverse range of stalls and kiosks. The market takes place four times a week and regularly attracts over 10,000 patrons.
📍 De Haagse Markt, Herman Costerstraat, the Hague
De Bijenkorf is a famous chain of department stores that are based in the Netherlands. Their location in The Hague features many fashion brand stores including Burberry, Alexander McQueen and Gucci as well as many others. The store itself is architectural masterpiece and was designed by a prominent member of de Amsterdamse School, Piet Kramer in the early 20th century.
📍 De Bijenkorf, Wagenstraat 32, The Hague, +31 800 0818
As its name suggests, this charming souvenir store in the Hague mainly stocks items that are associated with Holland and the Netherlands, such as novelty clogs, fridge magnets and Dutch chocolate.
📍 Holland Souvenirs, Korte Poten 13, the Hague, +31 70 444 9660
Kado om de Hoek
Kado om de Hoek stocks a wide array of gifts, gadgets, and other fun items. The store’s colourful collection features many delightful kitsch or cutesy items, including bicycle shaped pizza cutters, dinosaur night lamps and de Stijl cutting boards.
📍 Kado om de Hoek, Hogewal 1, the Hague, +31 70 392 0818
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.