Learning Swedish can be a daunting task. Thankfully, with the powerful tools of the internet, learning a language has become easier and more accessible than ever before. With YouTube, however, you’ll be able to hear correct pronunciation from native Swedish speakers and you’ll be saying sjuksköterska like a pro in no time.
If you’re a fan of podcasts, this might be the YouTube channel for you. Eko Languages has a wide variety of videos for users to listen to when wanting to learn a new language. Their video, ‘Learn Swedish When You Sleep,’ focuses on the most important phrases and words that you need to know when wanting to perfect the language. What’s even better is that it’s eight hours long – a perfectly long amount of time if you’re wanting to listen to something while asleep.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Want to learn the language at a slower pace? Well, look no further than with Katrin Berndt! Katrin, otherwise known as Kat, is a YouTuber that has videos on a wide variety of topics – depending on whatever she wants to talk about per video. However, she also has a mini-series on her site that focuses on learning the Swedish language with specific topics. She has some funny and random-topic videos such as ‘Practice Your Swedish: Nursery Rhyme Sing-Along‘ and ‘Practice Your Swedish: Around the Apartment’. In addition to these videos, she also has an additional channel that is dedicated entirely to helping individuals learn the language, which is called Katrin Berndt SWE.
Learn A Language in Your Sleep
If you’re interested in learning more than just one language, then Learn A Language in Your Sleep could become the channel for you. With videos that are over two hours long, this channel is a great way to get passive practice with your language of choice. The video focuses on ‘1000 Expressions in Swedish,’ so if you’re interested in relaxing and listening to the sweet sounds of the Swedish language, this is the video for you.
This one sounds like an obvious choice, but LearningSvenska is a great YouTube channel to use when wanting to learn the language for the first time. LearningSvenska takes basic topics and phrases and turns them into two- to five-minute videos on the channel. One of the more interesting videos it has is one called ‘Learning Swedish (Lesson 14) Twenty Short Quotes.’ It is common to have videos of the basic phrases, the alphabet, and whatnot when learning a new language for the first time, but it’s quite something to have a video dedicated to different short quotes.
One of the more adorable YouTubers, Nackagubben loves all things Sweden and Scandinavia! He has tons of videos that regularly have Swedish included in it and he is very conscious that many of his followers may not be from Sweden or know the language. Two of his videos that you should watch if you’re wanting to learn is ‘Can I Really Speak Swedish?’ and ‘Swedish Words Most Swedes Mispronounce‘. So, if you want to listen to a Swede who’s funny and loves all of Scandinavia, Nackagubben is the one for you!
This might seem like an unconventional YouTuber to follow, but with PewDiePie being one of the most popular YouTubers of all time (and a Swede), he does occasionally post videos about Sweden and speaking in his native tongue. The following videos that you should check out are: ‘Learn Swedish Swearwords’ and ‘Useful Swedish Words that You Should Know‘. These videos might not be the most appropriate (or have the most appropriate words to know about), but nevertheless, it’s a way to learn more casual words. If you’re feeling up to it, you can even watch PewDiePie try flipping languages with his fiancee, Marzia, who is Italian.
Swedish Pod 101
If you’re looking to study in a more ‘serious’ setting, look no further than Swedish Pod 101. A variety of native speakers will greet you warmly and take you through different lessons in different videos. There are a variety of playlists for you to go through, depending on your level of knowledge of the language. For example, there are different playlists called ‘Swedish in 3 Minutes’ and ‘Swedish Listening Comprehension for Advanced Listeners‘. The speakers are knowledgeable, friendly and speak slowly for easy comprehension. So no matter what level you are at, Swedish Pod 101 is a great resource for learners of all levels
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.