Valencia is a city that really knows how to party. From the endless bars filling the city centre to its calendar full of raucous festivals, this is pretty obvious. Decades ago, it had a bad reputation as a sort of Spanish sin city, where people from across the country came to indulge in their various vices. At the time, experimental DJs reigned supreme in Valencia – long before Ibiza was the place to go. Most of the big clubs from those days have now closed down (and Valencia has cleaned up its act and become a lot safer), but the party spirit lives on.
For the best night out in Valencia a little pre-planning helps. There’s no main drag full of nightclubs here; the best clubs are dotted around the city, and pre-booked tickets go a long way to making your night more enjoyable. Like elsewhere in Spain, the clubs here don’t really get going until about 1am, but there are plenty of interesting bars to check out first. Here’s our guide to some of the best places to party until the small hours.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Ditch your heels and get ready for some serious dancing at this famous alternative club near the port, hosting local talent and international electronic legends in its three rooms. Since it opened seven years ago it has attracted a young, cosmopolitan crowd keen to escape the mainstream clubs of the city centre. Entry is free before 2am with the guest list. Queues get crazy on weekends so we recommend going online to buy a presale ticket.
Carrer del Pare Porta, 3, València, Spain +34 637 24 00 91
A post shared by La3 (@la3club) on Sep 23, 2017 at 6:45pm PDT
A kind of pilgrimage for clubbers, Barraca has been open for 50 years and is still going strong. It’s one of the few still remaining from the city’s heyday as a clubbing mecca. People still flock to this temple of electronic and techno music for the amazing sound system, superstar DJs and beachside location outside the city (it’s very much worth the trip). You can’t help but feel the history in the air when you walk into this huge space, divided into four rooms with a total capacity of over two thousand. The outdoor terrace in the summer months could definitely be mistaken for Ibiza, and locals cool off after a long night of dancing by skinny dipping in the sea. Tickets start from €15.
This open-air club in the famous City of Arts and Sciences complex must be seen to be believed. By day, the futuristic L’Umbracle structure holds a tropical garden plus viewpoint and (sometimes) open-air art gallery. By night (in summer only) the garden space is transformed with into a club with outdoor seating and a great cocktail bar, the modern architecture and palm trees illuminated with purple lights and giant candles to enchanting effect. The music is mostly mainstream featuring house and top 40 hits, and the club is seen as one of the city’s classier spots, loved by locals and students. Entrance is €15 with a drink included.
Avinguda del Professor López Piñero, 5, Valencia, Spain +34 671 66 80 00
With a magical view of the famous City of Arts and Sciences at night, MYA is attached to L’Umbracle but stays open all year. It’s the favourite hangout of the young international crowd, with no end of erasmus parties and cultural exchange events held here. It also hosts occasional important events like awards ceremonies and fashion shows, when it becomes of one of Valencia’s few venues for celeb-spotting.
Avinguda de l’ Autopista del Saler, 5, València, Spain +34 607 65 97 05
If you’re looking for somewhere with more of a local Spanish vibe, this popular club attracts thousands of mostly young Spanish people every weekend with its lively atmosphere, thoughtful design and resident DJs playing everything from top 40 hits to electronic music.
Carrer d’Eduard Boscà, 27, València, Spain +34 963 37 47 20
For a more intimate venue playing host to live music acts, you can’t beat Loco Club. It regularly hosts new local talent, with a modern, spacious interior and relaxed neighbourhood feel, partly thanks to its quiet location near the Angel Guimera metro station.
Calle Erudito Orellana, 12, València, Spain +34 963 51 85 21
The gay club in the city is Deseo 54. With two floors of live performances and DJs, it’s the place to be on a Friday or Saturday night. The dance floor downstairs is always packed and you’re guaranteed a great atmosphere. Entry is around €8, or free if you grab a flyer at The Muse, the city’s favourite gay bar.
Carrer de Pepita, 13-15, Valencia, Spain +34 963 27 54 45
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.