If there’s a cool new restaurant or café opening in Barcelona, Spain, you can bet it’s in Sant Antoni. And while the entire neighborhood is high on the trendy scale, no street is home to more popular spaces per square meter than Calle Parlament. These are the top 10 not to miss places to eat and drink on Barcelona’s hippest street.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Since opening its doors last year, Cometa has quickly established itself as a firm favorite among Barcelona’s lovers of coffee and art. In addition to serving tasty sandwiches, fresh juices and good coffee, Café Cometa also doubles as an art space; from the impressionist paintings on the walls down to the specially sourced furniture.
Cafe, Contemporary, $$
No guide to Calle Parlament would be complete without a mention of the original trailblazer. Back when Sant Antoni was a little-known wasteland, awkwardly situated between Poble Sec and Raval, Barcelona’s hipsters started journeying to the Federal for brunch. It’s still a popular hangout, especially if you manage to bag one of the coveted tables on its lovely roof terrace.
Restaurant, Spanish, European, Mediterranean, $$
In addition its many tapas bars and cafés, Calle Parlament is also home to a truly top-class restaurant, and it’s called Lando. Set just off the main strip in the tiny Passatge de Pere Calders, you might miss it if you don’t look hard enough. But with its exquisite, yet affordable food (including some of the best ensaladilla rusa and tortilla in the city), superb wine list and excellent service, it’s well worth keeping an eye out for.
La Xalada’s windows will most likely be the first thing that catch your eye as you approach Calle Parlament from Parallel. Inside the elegant locale, a labor of love dedicated to owner Isabel Cruz’s mother and grandmother, you will find a creative menu of tasty tapas, as well as meat and seafood dishes, and a passionate restaurateur who’s more than happy to share her family story.
Restaurant, Spanish, $$
The only thing more delightful than the space in which this small restaurant resides is its innovative menu. Visitors are impressed by the subtle North African flavors in the food and the creative selection of cocktails, expertly prepared by the restaurant’s own mixologist. Don’t miss the aubergine and bulgur wheat salad – it’s to die for.
With its welcoming interior, pretty terrace and incredibly affordable lunch menu, it comes as no surprise that Tarannà Café is one of the most popular spots in the neighborhood. During the hot summer months, take the opportunity to cool down with a bowl of delicious homemade gazpacho.
Bar, Tapas, $$
La Chirusa may have a perfectly respectable food menu but what you really come here for is the cake. People aren’t lying when they tell you the lemon meringue pie is the best in town!
Bar, Cocktail Bar, Bodega, Contemporary, $
This part of Barcelona had been crying out for a high quality cocktail bar for some time. Thankfully, Lucrecia, Nacho and the rest of the team behind Bitter have finally answered our prayers. The cocktail menu is impressively refreshing and the bar bites are pretty darn tasty, too.
This tiny wine bar is always packed to the rafters and it’s easy to understand why. With its excellent selection of cheap-as-chips wine and spirits, served generously by the bottle or the glass.
If there’s one thing Calle Parlament isn’t famous for, it’s shopping, with one notable exception, namely Trait Store. While its main focus is on trendy menswear, Trait is a concept store that stocks everything from clothes to accessories, cosmetics, art, magazines and, well anything that strikes its fancy.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.