A visit to the enchanting southern Spanish city of Seville needn’t mean breaking the bank on accommodation. There are plenty of charming, reasonably priced hotels within strolling distance of all the city’s attractions and its most lively neighbourhoods. Read on for the top ten most affordable hotels in Seville.
Located in a stately old townhouse within a two-minute stroll of all of Seville’s historic attractions, the three-star Alminar Hotel offers some of the best value accommodation in the city. The Superior Doubles and Twins boast views of the cathedral’s iconic Giralda belltower, while all rooms have their own balconies and bathrooms. The hotel’s facilities include a traditional Sevillano patio, daily buffet breakfast and a charming rooftop terrace with cathedral views (accessible only from the two Superior rooms on the top floor).
The super-cool boutique Ítaca nestles in the northern tip of Santa Cruz, the city’s enchanting former Jewish quarter. Within a two-minute stroll is Seville’s famous ‘Metropoal Parasol’ monument – known locally as Las Setas , or ‘The Mushrooms’ – while the city’s awesome cathedral is just ten minutes away. The rooms are decorated in slick oranges, whites and blacks and all open onto a gorgeous internal courtyard in the typical Andalusian style. Respite from the heat of summer in Seville is provided by a small rooftop pool and there’s also an in-house café and bar.
Hotel Patio Cruces’ 21 rooms were lovingly restored in 2009, each designed to combine a contemporary style with the original features of a traditional Andalusian townhouse. They are split into three types: Classic, Standard (both doubles) and Single, all of which have their own bathrooms and provide easy access to the hotel’s two charming patios. The spectacular Royal Alcazar palace is right next door, and within a two-minute walk is Plaza Alfaro – home to a building said to have inspired the balcony scene in Romeo & Juliet.
Sandwiched between Seville’s greatest architectural treasures, the cathedral and the Alcazar Palace, this characterful boutique is housed in a 16th century townhouse and run by Sevillano couple Victor and Helena. Helena personally oversaw the decoration of El Rey Moro’s bedrooms, each of which has its own unique style and colour scheme. Included in the price of booking are some fantastic extras, such as a bicycle for the duration of your stay, a three-hour guided tour of the city and access to the stunning rooftop jacuzzi.
For refined and affordable accommodation in the thick of the action, the three-star Sacristia Santa Ana takes some beating. Situated directly on the bar-packed Alameda de Hercules, Sacristia offers 23 light-filled rooms in a carefully-restored 18th century mansion, at the centre of which is a cool and tranquil courtyard. Most of the Superior Doubles look out onto the Alameda, while some on the top floor have spectacular perspectives over the city’s rooftops. All the attractions of the old town are between a 10-15 minute walk away.
As its name suggests, this two-star boutique’s key draw is a magical roof terrace that offers views over the centuries-old rooftops of Santa Cruz towards the cathedral’s Giralda belltower. The Giralda itself is less than a ten minute stroll away, as indeed are the Alcazar, Plaza de España and the elegant 18th century bullring. Un Patio en Santa Cruz’s rooms are are decorated with works by locals artists and come with fresh flowers and ultra-soft Egyptian bed linen – classy touches which, combined with their central location, offer guests superb value.
Named after the 17th century Sevillano painter Bartolomé Murillo, this warm and friendly two-star hotel offers stylish accommodation just 350 metres away from Seville’s sprawling Gothic cathedral. The Standard rooms offer views onto one of Santa Cruz’s prettiest streets or the attractive internal patio, while the fourth-floor Superior Doubles all come with their own private terraces. Murillo’s guests can also enjoy early-evening cocktails on a rooftop terrace so romantic that it must surely have seen more than its fair share of proposals.
Hotel Abril is a quaint and friendly two-star pension in the heart of Seville’s former Jewish quarter. It’s perfect if you want good value accommodation with easy access to the city’s nightlife, as the Alameda de Hercules – one of the Andalusian capital’s trendiest after-dark hangouts – is less than a ten minute walk away. Closer still are the lively bars, restaurants and cafés of Plaza Encarnacion. All rooms offer private bathrooms and free wifi, and if you book directly with the hotel you can enjoy the extensive breakfast buffet for just one euro per person.
Another gem of a hotel situated close to the bars of Alameda and Seville’s best shops, the H10 Corregidor Boutique offers guests one of the warmest welcomes in the Andalusian capital: upon arriving at reception, you’re handed a free glass of cava to enjoy as you’re checked in. Other of the H10’s charms include a picture-postcard Andalusian patio on which coffee, drinks and snacks can be enjoyed and a restaurant in which one of the best hotel breakfasts in Seville is served every morning. The old town and its attractions surround the hotel on every side, so all are easily reachable by foot.
A family-run boutique set in a beautiful 18th century mansion, Casa de Colón is one of the most charming budget hotels in the Andalusian capital. All of its bedrooms are individually decorated to a high standard and offer comfortable accommodation, but the must-have spaces are the attic rooms right at the top, which come with their own private terraces overlooking the rooftops of Santa Cruz and the Giralda belltower. A cool ground floor courtyard offers a wonderful retreat from the midday heat and all of Seville’s UNESCO-protected monuments are less than ten minutes away on foot.
Still not found your perfect stay? Check out our guide to the best hotels in Seville for every traveller, bookable now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.