Once a down-and-out district that was best avoided, La Alameda has now turned into one of Seville’s hippest and trendiest barrios. Situated around the long thin Plaza Alameda de Hércules, lying to the north of the center, it’s now home to funky art gallery cafés, chic bars, restaurants, and vintage boutiques.
Where to Stay
Patio de la Alameda
Housed in a 19th-century mansion, this cute hotel is set around a plant-filled patio. It offers colorful old-fashioned style rooms with wrought iron beds and bold-patterned soft furnishings. It also has a chill-out terrace with gorgeous panoramic views.
Patio de la Alameda, Plaza de la Alameda de Hércules, 56, Seville, Spain, +34 954 90 49 99
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Where To Drink
Refuel at this popular café and art space, housed in an old industrial building. Crammed with graffiti-style artwork, mismatched vintage furniture, and quirky lamps, it’s the perfect place to grab a coffee and a slice of cake.
Red House Art & Food, Calle Amor de Dios, Seville, Spain, +34 954 38 88 10
Moscow Art & Spirits
Stop for a drink at the quirky Moscow Art & Spirits, a maze of cosy rooms decorated with contemporary paintings, drawings and sculptures by local artists. Part bar, part gallery, it’s the perfect chill-out spot.
Moscow Art & Spirits, Calle Conde de Torrejón, 32, Seville, Spain, +34 722 43 32 34
Where To Shop
Wabisabi Shop & Gallery
This vast shop and gallery features an eclectic array of up-cycled furniture, edgy design, large-scale artwork and vintage-style dresses. It also holds events such as poetry evenings and fashion shows.
Wabisabi Shop & Gallery, Calle Francos 9, Seville, Spain, +34 854 52 06 10
Librería Un Gato En Bicicleta
If you’re a fan of books, you’ll love this odd little bookshop, chock-a-block full of weird and wonderful titles. It also doubles up as an art gallery, featuring changing exhibitions by local artists.
Librería Un Gato En Bicicleta, Calle Regina 8, Seville, Spain, +34 955 29 56 51
Where To Eat
Zero Tapas Bar
If anything is a clear indication that an area has become trendy, it’s Nikkei – fusion Japanese-Peruvian cuisine. Both rustic, yet chic, at Zero Tapas Bar you’ll sit on a range of mismatched chairs and tables and enjoy tangy ceviches, innovative nigiris and succulent tuna wraps.
Zero Tapas Bar, Calle Calatrava, 34, Sevilla, Spain, +34 955 44 00 30
This sleek country kitchen-like tapas bar has become a stylish addition to the area with its minimalist décor. Try the smoked salmon in vodka and beetroot or the courgette spaghetti.
No Kitchen, Calle Amparo, 9, Sevilla, Spain, +34 697 14 95 07
One of the best tapas bars in the area, Bar Antojo provides a modern, yet cosy air. Think bookshelves packed with knickknacks, exposed brick walls and sink-down leather sofas. Don’t leave without trying the carbón de bacalao (salt cod with squid ink).
Bar Antojo, Calle Calatrava, 44, Seville, Spain, +34 955 44 00 30
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.