This Balearic island attracts tourists from all over the world for its bustling nightlife. But a short distance from the party scene are some of the most breathtaking, peaceful beaches of the Mediterranean. These restaurants are the best places for diners to admire the scenic coastline while sampling the island’s vibrant cuisine.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Es Fum is a must for those in search of chic fine dining. The stunning views of the Mediterranean create the perfect atmosphere for a romantic dinner. The scenery is matched, or possibly even outshone, by the presentation of the culinary masterpieces served at this Michelin star restaurant. The innovative Catalan chef, Rafael Sánchez, fuses international and Mallorcan cuisine and the result is a refreshing dining experience. The tasting menus showcase the fresh, local ingredients that the island has to offer.
Es Faro, which takes its name from the lighthouse that towers over it, offers an unbeatable panoramic view of the Port de Sollèr. Its quiet, secluded location makes this restaurant the perfect place to relax and unwind with a glass of wine from their extensive selection. Unsurprisingly, considering its proximity to the port, the seafood is the star of the menu. Their commitment to serving freshly caught local fish allows patrons to savour the delights of the Mediterranean both in the views and on the plate.
The Mallorcan clientele is a testament to the authenticity of Es Vergeret. Those who wish to dine among the locals should head to the countryside, where this restaurant is nestled. Its large terrace overlooks the cove of Tuent and is shaded by greenery, allowing patrons to enjoy the views while being shaded from the Spanish sun. The rustic vibes created by the location and the vegetation are matched by a rustic menu which showcases the local gastronomy. The seafood paella in particular, is worth the climb up from the beach.
Il Paradiso is the place to go when you want a break from Spanish cuisine. Perched on a hill above the Cala Mayor, this restaurant lives up to its name. In summer, diners can admire the spectacular scenery from the terrace, and in winter, the ornate interior of the restaurant will transport them to Italy. Despite the elegant setting, friendly staff create a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. An extensive list of predominantly Spanish and Italian wines will keep you going throughout the night as you sample some of the best Italian food the island has to offer.
Béns d’Avall is a family-run restaurant that was born out of a desire to celebrate the landscape and the produce of this picturesque Balearic island. Innovative elaboration of traditional Mallorcan delicacies illustrates the family’s respect for local cuisine. Special prices for locals ensures an authentic atmosphere which enables tourists to experience a side of the island that is not often accessible to them. The attention to detail highlights the love that the creators of Béns d’Avall have for their island and the view of endless sea captures the hearts of diners in the same way.
Both the atmosphere and the menu at Es Passeig reflect Mallorca’s multicultural demographic. The German head chef blends Mediterranean flavors with staples from all over the world, such as Asia. The product of this experimentation is an exciting dining experience. The menus are extensive, with options that include high-quality food which caters for all tastes. To make the most of the variety of tasty dishes on offer, order from the tapas menu. Each item is a testament to the restaurant’s attention to detail.
The location of Sa Llotja, overlooking the bustling harbor of Porto Colom, means this restaurant has a lively atmosphere, which makes it the perfect place to begin a night out. The minimalist interiors reflect the sophistication of the food. They change their sampler menu weekly and keep their specials list updated so you can never get tired of visiting. Their seafood is caught locally and a respect for the high-quality products on offer in Mallorca is maintained in evident in their dishes.
La Gran Tortuga
La Gran Tortuga boasts panoramic views of the bay of Paguera and the Malgrats Islands, providing the ideal backdrop for the experimental dining experience on offer. Their menu is a fusion of tradition and innovation in which local ingredients are combined with originality. The seafood couldn’t be any fresher, given that you can choose your lobster from the restaurant’s tank. The wide selection of wines, stored in the restaurant’s own temperature-controlled wine cellar, makes an excellent accompaniment to the creative and varied menu.
Miramar opened in 1871 to cater for passing fishermen and since then has become one of the most iconic venues in the buzzing port of Alcudia. The restaurant has been passed down from generation to generation and the result of the family-centred ethos is a friendly and relaxed atmosphere as well as second-to-none hospitality. Try one of their renowned steaks and wash it down with a Mallorcan wine from their own cellar as you watch life pass by in the harbor.
If you’re looking for a restaurant in which you can literally feel the sand between your toes then Ponderosa Beach is the one for you. The delicious cocktails and the bohemian vibes will send guests straight into holiday mode. Thanks to their eco-friendly ethos, the food is locally sourced and often organic. On the weekends during peak season, they bring the party to you with DJ sets. Famed for its first-class customer service, Ponderosa Beach entices you to stay on after your meal and enjoy the vibrant, youthful ambience.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.