Seductive Seville will embrace you – but it may leave you feeling wrung out in the heat of high season. Book your sumptuous place to stay with Culture Trip – and you’ll start each day refreshed.
Seville’s a sultry beauty, with its hot southern-Spanish climate, its sensuous architecture bequeathed by the Moors over centuries of rule, and its love of long, leisurely lunches – until late, liquid nights beckon. The sightseeing is bewitching but, in the heat, often exhausting. So you’ll need a cool, shady, sumptuous hotel to retreat to, with a tranquil terrace, patio, pool and/or garden. You’ll find what you’re looking for with our guide to the best luxury places to stay in Seville.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
In the atmospheric, narrow streets of Seville’s old quarter is this boutique revamp of a 17th-century casa – it’s quite a wonderful sight, with its marble Roman marble pillars and Medieval wooden doorways. Suites have been serenely styled, with intricately patterned fabrics, and eclectic old and new pieces, artfully positioned. Technically you don’t need to leave the hotel to sightsee – scenic Seville is spread out below you as you swim in the rooftop pool. Top tip: if it’s too hot to step out, graze on tapas (jamón ibérico, croquettes, tortilla) in the informal ground-floor cafe, bar and lounge space before a night in. Book the duplex Pool Terrace Suites for your own plunge pool and olive-tree clad terrace.
This designer-smart pad is in the lively Alfalfa district, an easy 10-minute walk from the cathedral and Alcazar palace. Rooms might best be called futuristic, lined with black glass, yet are homely with honey-coloured floors and, in places, beams and exposed walls. Experience rooms include an extensive private terrace with outdoor hot tub. Escape the fierce Andalucian heat with a dip in the small saltwater pool on the large decked roof terrace with 360-degree views of La Giralda and the rooftops of Seville. Expect regional-fusion dishes such as Ajoblanco Malagueño, a cold almond soup with red-wine ice cream and mango puree.
A leisurely 200m (656ft) amble from the cathedral and the Giralda, this traditional hotel dresses to impress, all shiny floors of marble and solid wood, with traditional frills (pleated lampshades, wall mirrors, chintzy sofas and curtains) in rooms. Entry-level Classic Doubles can be rented for single use at very reasonable rates. If you’re a couple, splurge on a Deluxe Room with terrace. La Terraza is the glass-walled rooftop space for sangria overlooking Plaza Nueva before descending to pick at plates of charcuterie and tapas in Seis Bar Restaurante.
This converted stone palace ticks tech-lovers’ boxes, with shiny new Macs in suites. It also has heritage to please fans of Andalucian style, with original 18th-century carved doors and hand-painted panels. You’re perfectly placed for sightseeing – don’t miss the Real Alcazar, less than 10 minutes’ walk away – but this hotel encourages indulgence. Soothe knotted muscles with a massage in the wellness centre, or take a long, refreshing dip in the rooftop plunge pool before drying off on a sun lounger. Dining is a leisurely affair, with Iberian hams among the Andalucian tapas. Even breakfast conspires to keep you here, with moreish pastries, breads, cakes and smoked salmon with scrambled eggs.
In the up-and-coming riverside Triana barrio (neighbourhood), this little beauty is loved for its small but beautifully composed rooms, with dashes of Art Deco by a local designer – bold graphic-print fabrics, striking chevron-motif walls and patterned marble floors. Each is named after a city, with art from the owner’s collection to suit. In-room breakfasts showcase the Andalucian region – ask to try Iberian ham and crushed tomato. After dark, you’ll love the surrounding streets, lined with bars and restaurants. The next day, a pleasant stroll along the banks gets you to the central sights, including the cathedral.
If you’d rather dodge the city crowds, settle in at this whitewashed 18th-century hacienda estate, in a rural spot halfway between Seville and Jerez. As befits the style of the property, some rooms have high ceilings while others are tucked snugly under eaves, with thick wooden beams. This is far from urbanity and there’s plenty of space, hence the trio of outdoor swimming pools – perfect for searing southern-Spanish afternoons. Unless you’re here in the depths of winter, you’ll have dinner outside, whether you opt for snacks poolside or push the boat out with fish kebabs and souffles at the Mediterranean garden restaurant, as cicadas chirp in the olives.
Stay at this hulking, ornate landmark in the historic barrio of Santa Cruz and you’ll find sightseeing a cinch – starting with the Reales Alcázares, and Seville Cathedral right beside it. Seville’s grande dame was commissioned in 1929 by the then-King of Spain – hence the name – and still prides itself on lavishly styled rooms with ornately panelled ceilings and velvet or leather sink-into sofas. Grand deluxe terrace suites up the ante, with patios from which you can admire La Giralda – the cathedral bell tower – across the grounds. A major attraction is the outdoor swimming pool for laps under the Andalucian sun. It’s surrounded by pretty gardens – themselves a cool, relaxing retreat from the shove of the city. When peckish, order prawn ceviche in the palm-tree shaded Pool Restaurant, or laze the rest of the day away over wine and tapas in Ena, another of the four impressive dining spots.
No wonder interior-design obsessives love this revamped 20th-century palace hard by the cathedral – whether you splurge on the two-bedroom apartment with its own kitchen-diner and terrace, or stick to the cosy comfort of a simple double, you’ll feel you’re in a carriage on the Orient-Express. It’s all a visual triumph of pretty feature walls, smart panelling, dangling Arabian-look lamps and floaty canopies topping smart gold-framed beds. You’ll breakfast on rich local pastries and fruity handmade preserves before exploring the surrounding streets of Casco Antiguo. Return to drink goldfish-bowl-size G&Ts in the bar, 51, before heading out to sample the many traditional tapas joints.
For other unique places to stay, book into one of the best boutique hotels in Seville. If you’re looking for a more local experience, we know just where to stay. To fill up your itinerary, we’ve found the most unusual things to do to avoid those tourist crowds, including the most beautiful gardens in Seville. Don’t miss out on a culinary journey, too, with some delicious Seville dishes.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.