Whether you’re a beach bunny, nature lover, history buff, or a bit of each, we’ve checked out the top hotels in Alicante to help you find the perfect stay.
Tucked away on the Costa Brava in Spain, Alicante has long ranked among Europe’s most popular holiday hubs. With its long sandy beaches, visitor-friendly eateries and legendary nightlife, it’s perfect for sunseekers in search of a classic Spanish getaway. But that’s not all – there’s a picturesque old town, plus vibrant festivals and a medieval castle to add a helping of culture and history to your trip. Make the most of your stay by checking in to one of the coolest hotels in Alicante, handpicked by Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Although this hotel’s location puts you a short drive away from the nearest beach, there’s plenty of space to soak up the Spanish sun in the extensive gardens of the Huerto Del Cura. Set amongst swaying palms and tropical flora, the dreamy outdoor pool is the perfect place to cool off. You don’t just get a room here: guests are given their own bungalow to stay in, and are welcome any time they like in the serene spa housed in a straw-roofed pergola.
Occupying a 400-year-old palatial building in the heart of old town Alicante, this adults-only boutique hotel combines historic charm with contemporary appeal. Ancient stone walls and exposed beams evoke the building’s origins, while the 17 guest rooms offer modern comforts such as pillow menus and loaner iPads. The hotel’s central location also puts you within a short stroll of local restaurants and cafés, and just minutes from Postiguet Beach.
Named after its small island home of Tabarca, this boutique hotel dates back to the 18th-century when it was built to be the governor’s house. A modern update has revived interiors with quirky design features and snippets of poetry by Spanish writer Salvador Rueda adorning the walls of its bright guest rooms. Various vantage points provide sweeping views out over the surrounding Mediterranean marine reserve, and the crystal-clear waters of the island’s main beach are just five minutes away. Access to Tabarca is by ferry, and once you’re there, take to the water for great diving, or enjoy the island’s historic buildings if you prefer to stay on dry land.
For apartment-style accommodation in the heart of Alicante’s historic quarter, Luces de Catedral combines home comforts with plush interiors. Make your own meals using the in-room kitchenette, or head to the hotel’s café for freshly brewed coffee and a Spanish-style breakfast made with produce from the Alicante countryside. To see the sights, you need only step outside for access to historical landmarks like the Cara del Moro and Santa Barbara Castle. Meanwhile, the bustling waterfront with its swanky marina and sandy beach is also just a casual meander away.
If you’re looking for a five star stay, this beautifully restored 16th-century Dominican convent won’t disappoint. Behind its stately Gothic facade, understated luxury fills every corner, from Egyptian cotton bed sheets to a rooftop terrace with a heated pool and castle views. You can also dine on market-fresh fish or aged tenderloin in the refined Fondillón restaurant, or unwind at their legendary Sunday brunch accompanied by live jazz.
If you’d rather spend your time taking in mountain views while surrounded by unspoilt nature, book in to Vivood Landscape Hotel, a rural retreat away from Alicante’s hustle and bustle. This wellness-focused property scores high on minimalist design, while integrating seamlessly into the rugged beauty of its setting. As the sun sets, watch the sky fill with stars from the comfort of your suite or villa, then enjoy an organic menu of farm-to-table cuisine in the hotel’s Panoramic restaurant. Views included, of course.
Opened back in 1958, La Milagrosa is certainly one of the most relaxed places to stay in Alicante. The crowning feature of this friendly B&B is its sunny rooftop terrace, open year-round and a great spot to enjoy breakfast or an evening drink under the watch of the nearby Santa Barbara Castle. Unfussy yet effortlessly cool rooms suit everyone from solo travellers to families with their apartment-style facilities. What’s more, it’s all just a short stroll from the nearest beach.
Built on the broad jetty between Alicante’s marina and long sandy beach, Meliá Alicante boasts one of the best settings in town. Thanks to its position, you can soak up sea views from practically every room, or one of its two luxurious swimming pools. If you want to go all out, then upgrade to the Level – you’ll get a sophisticated suite with unbeatable views of the Med. And if you’ve little ones in tow, you can always take a break thanks to the seasonal kids’ club.
Hotel La Serena is amongst the traditional terracotta rooftops and whitewashed walls of Altea, a small coastal town to the north of Alicante. The former mansion has been elegantly converted into an adults-only boutique property where – as the name suggests – peace and tranquility reign supreme. You can unwind with a soak in the sunny terrace pool or bubble-bathe in the low-lit spa, before dining on fresh grilled seafood out on the terrace.
Travelling around Spain? Discover the best hotels in nearby Murcia and book now on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.