Luxury hotels in and around Malaga aren’t hard to come by, especially if you venture towards the affluent Puerto Banus area. You might just be overwhelmed by choice when searching for your perfect abode in this charming and sunny Spanish city on the Costa del Sol. Take a look through our list of the best upmarket options, where both a comfortable stay and a good time are guaranteed.
Hotel Vincci Selección has two locations in Malaga, both providing exceptional five-star services. The first, Hotel Vincci Selección Posada del Patio, is in the historic centre of Malaga, and ideal for any type of traveller as it accommodates couples, friends and families. A plunge pool on the roof with panoramic views of the city is the highlight, but the gourmet restaurants and luxurious suites aren’t far behind.
The second hotel of the Hotel Vincci Selección group, Hotel Vincci Selección Estrella del Mar is the largest luxury accommodation on the Costa del Sol. Even when it’s at full capacity, it feels private and peaceful. With a beach club, golf course, spa, lush gardens and gourmet gastronomy, it’s hard to leave this authentic, luxurious place with endless views of the sea.
A spot for the elite, Grand Hotel Guadalpin is the place to stay if you want to enjoy cocktails and enjoy the elegant atmosphere – whilst you relax on one of the rooftop terraces overlooking the Mediterranean. A five-star resort, it’s located in Nueva Andalucia, with a beachfront just a 15-minute walk from Puerto Banus. Restaurants offer local gastronomic delights, but if you wish to venture to the cobbled streets of Malaga Old Town and sample some tapas bars, the hotel is more than happy to make recommendations.
Part of the Hilton Curio Collection, the Higueron Hotel is a unique hotel for an artistic and culinary retreat. With views of the Mediterranean, this innovative resort is just 15 minutes from the airport, city centre and beaches. Dining at the Michelin-star restaurant is a must as it offers dishes created by Chef Diego Gallegos. Guest rooms are loft-style suites, complete with terraces that have breathtaking views.
The Villa Padierna Palace Resort is an elegant, pet-friendly resort located between Marbella, Benahavis and Estepona. Accomodation is a range of rooms, suites and villas in a picturesque setting – the resort is surrounded by gardens, a golf course and a lake. The spa and wellness facilities boast an extensive beauty and treatment list for guests to take their pampering to the next level, and the two restaurants offer gastronomic cuisine that focuses on local produce and fresh seafood.
Located in the so-called Valley of Golf in Benahavis, the Westin La Quinta Golf Resort and Spa is a haven for golf lovers. Yet this oasis by the Mediterranean sea is surrounded by the Sierra Blanca mountains, and the decor and design reflects this in its elegant and eclectic style. The Heavenly Spa offers a range of beauty and wellness treatments to completely rejuvenate the mind and body.
The Don Carlos Resort and Spa is an array of spacious luxury villas for ultimate privacy. Surrounded by gardens with views of the sea and African coast, it’s the essence of luxury. Villas have their own private pools, the beach club has direct access to the sea and you can choose to relax by the communal pool in a hammock or on a Balinese bed.
The sound of the sea lapping the shore is one of the Gran Hotel Miramar’s best features – this tranquil hotel has a unique Mediterranean charm. Close to the city, it’s within walking distance of museums, shops, and beaches – yet separated enough for a peaceful dose of escapism. Two outdoor pools, valet service, a solarium and the Botanic Spa by Sisley are just a few more reasons to book a stay here.
Nobu is renowned for its luxury aspect and the Nobu Hotel Marbella takes that to the next level. Located on the Golden Mile, the resort is steps away from the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean – yet also close enough to stroll and explore the local area. The cuisine by chef Nobu Matsuhisa, along with the Six Senses Spa, are the highlights of staying here and allow you to indulge whilst also feeling rejuvenated and relaxed.
Fancy discovering more stylish hotels in Malaga? Check out our pick of the most chic boutique hotels in Malaga, bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.