In St Petersburg, Nevsky Prospekt isn’t just a tourist attraction – it truly is the main street, pulsing to the rhythm of life in the city. A heaven for admirers of architecture, as well as foodies, drinkers and shopaholics, it also has everything a fashion lover could ask for. Here are our top fashion boutique picks.
Founded in 1988, Babochka was the first-ever private fashion boutique in USSR, and is now the biggest in St Petersburg as a high fashion boutique chain. Today, fashion lovers visit this store hunting for the latest collections of maestros of fashion world: Brioni, Giorgio Armani, Valentino, Berluti, Chanel, Dior and others.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Most of Babochka stores are located on Nevsky Prospekt in beautiful historical buildings. The store design is a fusion of classical architecture and innovative design, which is especially clearly seen in the Nevsky 152 concept store. The interior design and stock of the store are constantly changing, which keeps this boutique in the center of attention.
Babochka Gallery – Nevsky Prospekt, 153, St Petersburg, Russia
Babochka Concept Store – Nevsky Prospekt, 152, St Petersburg, Russia
Babochka Grand Hotel Europe- Nevsky Prospekt, 36, St Petersburg, Russia
If you feel like experiencing some 19th century-style shopping, you should definitely visit this place. Being one of the oldest and biggest shopping galleries in St Petersburg, Passage is located in a historical classic style building with an exquisite upper lighting which comes from the glass ceiling. Passage is filled with shops of any kind, and fashion aficionados will find some interesting gems there too. As an additional bonus, there are several shops of designer jewelry from local producers and an extensive beauty store.
Comme des Garçons
After this year’s amazing MET Gala exhibition, there are not many left in the world who haven’t heard about fashion masterpieces by Comme des Garçons. Its St Petersburg flagship store’s design was created by Rei Kawakubo specifically for this location, just like the ones in Tokyo, Paris and New York. The space of the store is created in a very particular way to exhibit the values and identity of the brand, so it is worth visiting not just for shopping, but also to explore more of the Kawakubo’s distinctive designer style.
This spot is the first in St Petersburg’s ‘dark fashion’ concept store, which specializes only in designers working in this style. ‘Dark fashion’ clothes are not the ones you would meet in a usual boutique or a concept store, although it is becoming more and more popular all over the world. If you are after something really unique, Baddesign139 is the place to go. Many of clothes they sell are available in a very limited edition and produced personally by designers. All shades of dark, as well as the finest materials and unique designs, make the clothes in this store the perfect buy for those who want to stand out.
This St Petersburg brand is famous for its female coats of the highest quality. In more than 20 years of company history, it has gained a name of one of the leading local coat designers and producers. Using the finest materials, the brand provides unique designs from their in-house team. You can find coats for all seasons, from early autumn to late spring, and the ones that will help you survive winter cold weather. And for those who need to change or add something to their purchase, there is a possibility to customize your coat right away.
This place provides serious inspiration. The Tatyana Parfionova fashion house has long become one of the symbols of St Petersburg. Highly recognized in fashion circles, Tatiana Parfionova’s distinctive style combines a love of art and nature – all pieces are hand-made, and are as acclaimed as art pieces. The fashion house is also famous for its personal approach to each client and tailored clothes: the client is encouraged to take part in the process of creation of an ideal dress, costume or the whole wardrobe.
Cashmere and Silk
This company specializes in fine materials, elegant silhouettes and smart casual style. Representing more than 100 world-known brands, such as Brunello Cucinelli, Peserico, Missoni and others, Cashmere and Silk consistently provides stylish collections for any occasion. For those who are short on time, this boutique has a personal shopping service: you call, you tell them what occasion you’re buying for, and the Cashmere and Silk stylists design a perfect outfit tailored to your needs.
This shop is situated in the Nevsky Centre shopping mall, occupying pretty much half of it. Stockmann provides a great mixture of fashion and shoe brands, great cosmetics and skincare section, among others. You can find a selection of fashion brands from all over the world here: from feminine Akhmadullina dreams to military style Bomboogie, and hundreds of others.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.