Some people drink wine because it’s good for the heart, and some drink wine for the pure enjoyment of it. The same can be said for music. But it doesn’t really matter why you love wine and music, what’s important is that a rustic and cozy restaurant exists that can cater to your every desire with its vast selection of wines and music.
Vinomania is a scenic three minute walk from the Chekhovskaya, Pushkinskaya, Tverskaya metro intersection. Once you exit the metro, look for the Rassiy theatre and an arch right across the Pushkin Square. Enter that arc and be dazzled by the hidden culinary gems that can be found there.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Nestled a stone throw away from the arc, in a tranquil spot lies every wine and beer connoisseur’s dream! Vinomania provides a wide selection of exquisite wines, from the elegant vineyards of France and Italy to the rich vineyards of South Africa and Chile and everything in between. A current favorite amongst Vinomaniacs is the Quinta D’Amares wines from Portugal, described as a fresh bouquet of light, fresh wines, with a slight taste of citrus and lemon nuances. If wine isn’t your beverage of choice, be thrilled by the new addition to the café: an exclusive variety of mouth-watering craft beers.
Vinomania wine and craft was founded by Alexander Soltanov, Olga Soltanove, Oleg Mohnarylov and Natalya Mohnarylova back in November 2014. They are a group of friends who decided they wanted to open a space where people could sit back, let their hair down, and enjoy themselves in a place with beautiful interior design, and of course, indulge in a good glass of wine! According to the group, they originally planned to create a dreamlike atmosphere and a rich wine list which will satisfy the requirements of both connoisseurs and those that chose to taste this noble drink once in a while.
In addition to divine wine and craft beer, Vinomania also has an exquisite selection of delicacies catered to each season. They are especially skilled at making fresh, scrumptious salads, and delicious puree soups. Can’t find something that tantalizes your taste buds? An arrangement can be made with the chef to create something unique just for you. In fact, Vinomania can cater to groups wishing to host birthdays, anniversaries, or other celebrations.
If you happen to visit Vinomania on a Friday night, prepare to be blown away by the live music which fills the comfy atmosphere of the restaurant. Performers from Moscow’s own Stanislavski theater brighten up the scene with an acoustic performance that includes guitars, violins, flutes, and other classical instruments.
There is a strong possibility, according to management, that Vinomania will offer other enticing events in the near future such as costume parties, speed dating in English, and wine tastings.
Vinomania is worth a visit, just to indulge in elegant design and art adorning the interior of the restaurant. This place can be neatly summed up in their hospitable slogan, ‘We await you!’
By Rika Schoeman
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.