Lisbon’s club scene is pretty hot, with musical styles ranging from African to Brazilian to rock and pop. When you really want to shake your tail feather, however, sometimes an electronic music mix is the way to go. When you want to dance the night away well into the morning, here are a few of Lisbon’s top spots for electronic tunes.
At Dock’s Club in Alcântara, the dance floor is surrounded by six bars, three VIP spots, and a terrace that overlooks the Tejo river. Inside the warehouse in which this club can be found, expect parties, theme nights, and live music in addition to DJs. Just keep in mind that this is a post-midnight venue, which is only open on Tuesday, Fridays and Saturdays.
This small hot spot was once a chapel (hence the name “capela”) but is now one of the livelier clubs in Bairro Alto. One of the best parts about this club is its location near many bars including Tasca do Chico, BA Wine Bar and The Old Pharmacy, so you can pop inside for some dancing to a mix of classics when drinking and socializing gets a bit old. The owner is the resident DJ, but sometimes A Capela will host other DJs from the Lisbon area.
A Capela, R. da Atalaia 45, 1200-037 Lisbon, Portugal, +351 936 117 139
K Urban Beach
Does moving around throughout the night deter you from the club scene? What if you could plan for dinner, post-dinner drinks, and dancing all in one location? K Urban Beach is a restaurant, lounge bar, and dance club all in one! It is also located on the sandy banks of the river in Alcântara, offering a “beach theme” that adds to its sophisticated club-like allure (which includes a pool and chaise lounges). K Urban Beach usually hosts events, but it’s open to anyone wanting a chill, trendy environment and who is dressed to match the sophisticated vibe.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
K Urban Beach, Av. Brasília, 1200-109 Lisbon, Portugal, +351 962 755 522
This last cool spot features three Main zones: Zero – where you can dance to techno-house, pop, and R&B styles on the first floor; Room – which offers heavier beats and a more club-like scene on the second floor; and Air – with a Japanese kitchen during the evening and terrace with soothing international rhythms at night. Located across a busy street from K Urban Beach, the only unfortunate aspect to Main is that it’s only open during a few nights a week. It is open on Saturdays, however, from 11:30PM to 6AM.
Main, Av. 24 de Julho 68, 1200-769 Lisbon, Portugal, +351 961 553 745
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.