As Warsaw develops into a trendy modern city, there’s no shortage of adventurous activities cropping up. If the city’s hidden bars, best fine dining restaurants and coolest museums aren’t enough, then this list is for you – here’s our pick of the most exhilarating things to do in the Polish capital.
While Poland may not yet have reached the heights of New Zealand for adventure sports, FlySpot has an indoor diving centre on the edge of Warsaw at Mory. Here you don skydiving gear, are given a briefing, and then head into a wind tunnel. In this vacuum, you fly up and down with your well trained guide. It’s just like being in the air, without the nerves or the parachute! Afterwards you get videos and photos of your dive and can enjoy a cold beer at the bar.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Paintball in an old factory
Not for the faint-hearted, paintball offers the chance to shoot your best friends (or enemies) with pellets of coloured paint. Rules are observed so you don’t get too close, and there are a series of games to play during the session. Labsektor paintball also takes place in an old factory to add to the atmosphere. One last thing – be careful where you aim those shots as they can really hurt, so try not to aim for heads, faces or genitals.
Escape from a locked room
For those puzzle solving thrillseekers, how would you feel being locked in a room and trying to escape? With a series of themes and options, Room Escape Warsaw offers a chance to pits your wits in order to simply get back into the real world. There are two venues in Warsaw in what is fast becoming an exhilarating day out, with many twists.
There will be no time for nerves with this activity, as you’ll have the joy of meeting around 20 people in 90 minutes! You’ll have just a few minutes to impress each date, before moving to another table (males) or waiting for your next date to arrive at your table (females). The event could lead to something special, but go in confident and dress to impress. It’s organised once a month via Warsaw Social (on Facebook) or on their website.
Another truly thrilling activity in the Polish capital is the chance to go bungee jumping. Local company Jumping organise the activity in the city’s Wola district. You’ll be jumping from a height of 90 metres (295 feet) from the top of a custom-made metal tower. Instructors Mario and Magda are very experienced to ensure you enjoy a successful and adrenalin pumping bungee jump. You can get one bungee jump from 130 złotych (USD$39) and you just pay extra for your photos and videos.
Skiing at Górka Szczęśliwicka
How can you go skiing in a city that has no mountains? Warsaw worked out a way with its very own ski resort, known as Górka Szczęśliwicka. The downhill slope is covered with Dentix mats which cover a huge surface area of almost 10,000 sq. metres (107,639 sq. feet). There is a ski lift which can bring over 2,000 people per hour during the busy season. The top of the hill is 75 metres (246 feet) above ground level and offers great views of the city.
In front of the country’s national stadium sits an impressive go-karting arena called Kartingowy Narodowy, where you can test your racing skills against your friends in a compact and tight course. The venue is outdoors so may not operate in adverse weather conditions, so you should check in advance. After the event, you can get a record of the winners and losers and enjoy a snack or non-alcoholic drink in the cafe next to the course. Visitors are welcome to watch and a driving licence is not needed.
Polish vodka tour
Think you can handle your strong alcohol? It’s harder than you think! Find out whether you’re up to the challenge with local company Eat Polska on a Polish Vodka Tour, and test how much vodka you can really drink. Whatever you do, remember to line your stomach with food beforehand – the Polish can really drink vodka hard , and indeed claim that they and not Russia invented it.
Testing your aim
It doesn’t get much more extreme than this experience, where you’ll be holding a real gun and opening fire at PM Shooter. It’s perfectly safe and well organised as you shoot at your target. For obvious reasons, you must sign a disclaimer form before entering the shooting area, and must wear earplugs and safety glasses when shooting. As a souvenir, you get to take away your target card which shows just how good or bad your aim is.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.