One of the best and easiest ways to learn more about Lithuania and see all the surrounding beauty is by taking one of many guided tours around this beautiful Baltic State. Everyone will be able to find what they are looking for, from extended tours around the country to hunting trips in Lithuanian forests.
Lithuania Coastal Cycling
During this nine days/eight nights tour, you will be able to cycle around the bigger part of the Lithuanian coast, including Klaipėda, Palanga, the Curonian Spit, and other popular local beaches. It is a perfect tour for people who enjoy slow bicycle rides, want to see local flora and fauna, and love spending their time by the sea.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Lithuanian nature tour
People who want to see the most beautiful parts of Lithuanian nature and also spend some time in Vilnius, the most beautiful city, should look no further. In this five-day tour, you will be able to visit lively Vilnius, wonderful Trakai and its castle, hills in Kernavė, and a couple of breathtaking Lithuanian national parks.
Hunting in Lithuania
Lithuanians have deep traditions in hunting because of the many forests and wild animals, from various birds to beavers to moose! Hunting season starts on the April 1 but the busiest months are usually November, December, and January. There are plenty of hunting tours to choose from, depending on your needs and wishes. It is also a great way to meet some interesting people as hunting is always popular among high-rank government members and businessmen.
Survival tour in Soviet bunker
Visiting a real bunker and being yelled at by Soviet military officers is not your usual tour, but it is definitely worth a try! Of course, everything is under control and those ‘military officers’ are nothing more than actors, but they manage to create a wonderful atmosphere and make you feel as if you were really taken back to the dark times of the Soviet Union.
Jewish heritage tour
People who are interested in Jewish culture in Lithuania should definitely take this nine-day tour and visit the most important Jewish sites in Lithuania, including many synagogues and the heritage of Vilna Gaon. You will also meet a big Lithuanian Jewish culture and learn all the details about living in Lithuania being a Jew in the past and present.
People who are fascinated by birds and want to learn more about Lithuanian flora and fauna should definitely take this five-day tour, which will take you to the best birdwatching spots. There are hundreds of different species in Lithuania, including red-necked grebe, bittern, white-tailed eagle, montagu’s harrier, eagle, corncrake, so you can expect to see some birds you never knew even existed!
Lithuanian manor house tour
This is a tour designed for history buffs, who want to know everything about the lives of Lithuania’s high-class people throughout the years and visit their majestic manor houses! The guides are extremely professional and they know some old stories about manor houses which you could never hear elsewhere.
Past and present tour
This three-day tour is just perfect for people who want to see Lithuanian culture from different angles. You will be able to visit the biggest and most urban Lithuanian city, Vilnius, go mushroom picking in Dzukija National Park and walk around an outdoor Grutas museum, which holds many relics and exhibits from the Soviet Union era. Also, you’ll spend a night in Druskininkai, the ultimate spa resort town in the country.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.