The 19th-century classical-style Skrunda Manor offers a blend of nature and sophisticated, historic charm for your wedding in the west Latvian countryside. Just off the Riga-Liepāja highway, the manor is easily accessible yet pleasantly removed from city life. Exchange vows on the shore of the Venta River amid hundred-year-old oaks, then celebrate in the manor event hall with up to 120 guests.
If you’re dreaming of a glamorous, metropolitan event, the Grand Hotel Kempinski in the Old Town of Riga will deliver. Custom wedding cakes? Check. Private limousine? Check. Grand ballroom for 200 guests? Check. They even have a 278sqm (2,992sqft) Presidential Suite large enough to host a small wedding itself. There are plenty of other suites perfect for your wedding night, some with views of the neighbouring Latvian National Opera House.
This boutique venue in the Old Town can host small to midsize soirees for up to 60 guests. The glass-roofed Restaurant Orangerie is filled with natural light by day and beautiful moodscapes by night for a dreamy reception. Staff are on hand to help you arrange everything – from flowers and a photographer to a gourmet dinner and cocktail reception. Book the junior suite with its king-sized four-poster bed and walk-in wardrobe for your wedding weekend.
Riga’s first five-star design hotel, Grand Poet Hotel by Semarah, has a central location on Esplanāde Park. The bold interiors and a manicured courtyard will make for eye-catching backdrops in your wedding photos. Various spaces within the hotel suit different sized groups, from 26 people in the restaurant to 60 people in the wedding hall. Book a treatment at the on-site spa the evening before the wedding – a lavender aromatherapy massage will help calm nerves.
Dreaming of a seaside wedding but want the convenience of being near Riga? Check out Baltic Beach Hotel & Spa on the shores of the Baltic Sea, just 15 minutes from Riga International Airport. Say “I do” with sand beneath your feet or surrounded by coastal pines. The hotel can supply an altar, outdoor seating, bubbly and even fireworks. Afterwards, move the celebration to a beach tent and dance ‘til dawn.
In the Liepāja Old Town on the west coast, the Promenade Hotel occupies a former shipping warehouse dating from the early 18th century. Today, the red brick design hotel is full of original character and offers four different wedding spaces for parties ranging from 25 to 110 guests. Its largest hall, Hika, features rustic wooden beams and views of the port and passing ships.
Just steps from the Baltic Sea, Lielupe Hotel gives you the chance to hold your ceremony in this glamorous contemporary spot. Take over the Panorama rooftop terrace on the 10th floor and soak in the sweeping sea views as you say “I do”. Weddings here are small and intimate, accommodating up to 60 people. Throw in one of the hotel’s champagne pyramids and you’re sure to have a night to remember.
This is a rewrite of an article originally by Kasparas Asmonaitis.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.