Eating out in such a vibrant young city is one of the best experiences Kosovo’s capital has to offer. From high-class opulent locations to scenic outdoor terraces, jazz bars and breweries, Pristina surprises with a diverse set of restaurants. Here is our updated list of Pristina’s top cultural restaurants ─ some of the best culinary venues the city has to offer.
With a great location in a small village near Pristina, Country House is one of the best choices for an exquisite eating-out experience. Enjoying a scenic panorama over the rolling hills that surround Kosovo’s capital, Country House has been a reference point for Pristina’s culinary scene since 2006. A winner of TripAdvisor’s ‘Certificate of Excellence’ in 2014, the restaurant has both outdoor settings perfect for summer and comfortable interiors in winter. The menu is based on traditional dishes, with a rich display of grilled specialties, fresh salads, and a cocktail selection to match. Country House, Bernica e Eperme, Pristina, Kosovo, +386 49393965
Dit’ e Nat’
Famed for its literary and artistic atmosphere, Dit’ e Nat’, simply translated as ‘Day and Night’, is the place to go for excellent coffee and tea specialties, delicious homemade cakes and light lunches. Steps away from Pristina’s Government and OSCE headquarters, this small restaurant is frequented by expats living in the city. The only book-cafe in Kosovo’s capital, Dit’ e Nat’ is also the perfect location to get to know local artists, read, buy popular English books, or watch local movies at the monthly Film Embroideries event. Dit’ e Nat’, Fazli Grajqevci, Pristina, Kosovo, +381 38742037
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
With a name suggestive of what it has to offer, Home is a restaurant in the heart of Pristina, recommended for those who would like to experience a multicultural gastronomic treat. The menu is a journey across borders, with traditional Kosovan, Chinese, Greek and Italian dishes, complemented by the typical American burgers, but also with vegetarian recipes for those with a preference for healthier food options. What’s more, Home relaxes its guests – both expats and local artists – with a beautiful garden, a rare oasis on a hot summer day. Home Restaurant, Migjeni 1, Pristina, Kosovo, +377 44336336
Opened more than two decades ago, Liburnia is an unmissable culinary stop in Pristina when it comes to romantic and stylish décor and atmosphere. Offering a warm and familiar feeling so vividly connected to its old Turkish-style location, this restaurant provides good value for money and is a popular choice for both locals and tourists visiting Pristina. Liburnia’s menu is solid and tempting, with traditional local stews and grilled meat recipes served in clay pots, as well as international dishes, such as pizza, or chicken rice with sweet chili. Liburnia, Meto Bajraktari, Pristina, Kosovo, +386 49891 000
Opened more than half a century ago, Vila Germia is one of the oldest and most famous restaurants in Pristina, always popular among locals and expats looking for a green escape from busy life in the city. With a scenic location in Gërmia Park in the vicinity of Kosovo’s capital, this upscale restaurant has it all: splendid green surroundings and a mouth-watering menu, featuring specialties such as beef stroganoff, trout, calamari and salmon. Tasty and classy desserts complete the list with tiramisu, baklava, cheesecake and chocolate soufflés. Villa Germia, Parku Germia, Pristina, Kosovo, +381 38517741
A very sophisticated presence near Kosovo’s Government, Iliriahas an opulent and impressive Modern Empire décor that makes dining here a memorable experience. With a talented team of foreign chefs, and a tempting Mediterranean-based menu, Iliria is unquestionably one of the high-class culinary venues in Pristina. During the city’s hot summer days, the restaurant opens its elegant terrace on the pedestrian Mother Teresa Boulevard, offering its guests the chance to observe local life in one of the most central spots of Kosovo’s capital. Iliria, Mother Teresa Square, Swiss Diamond Hotel, Pristina, Kosovo, +381 38 220 000
Sabaja Craft Brewery
The first brewery in Pristina, Sabaja Craft is one of the city’s big foodie attractions. Founded by a group of friends, including an American who left New York for Pristina, the brewery is all about ‘the beginning of a new craft beer culture in Kosovo’. Sabaja Craft serves a variety of hand-crafted and original beers, including Wit during summers, Pumpkin Ale in autumn, Imperial Stout in winter and Saison in spring. The food menu is well-matched to these specialties, with hamburgers, steaks, sausages and homemade desserts. Sabaja Craft Brewery, 29B Tirana, Pristina 10000, Kosovo, +386 49 582 000 By Diana Condrea
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.