Naples, Italy, is known for its dedication to street food, where renowned Italian flavours meet wild creativity. You’ll find goodies everywhere: on stalls in narrow alleys, in streetside cafes, and at markets and festivals. Try pizzas folded, fried and shaped into cones; pasta frittatas; eggplant parmigiana layer bakes; and flaky sfogliatelle, bursting with sweet ricotta. Hungry yet? These are the best street food joints in Naples.
Cantina del Gallo
Tucked away in the Sanità neighbourhood, Cantina del Gallo offers food as authentic and traditional as its setting. Sit in the restaurant with the locals and enjoy a great atmosphere, ordering Neapolitan dishes like sticky melanzane alla parmigiana (a hearty eggplant, cheese and tomato sauce layer bake), meatballs, arancini, and house wine. Alternatively, grab your garlicky, wood-fired oven pizza to take away. Either way, expect low prices, high standards and friendly service.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Bontà Siciliane Seconda Sede
Dessert dreams come true at this cute cafe stuffed with sweet treats. Order a rich Italian espresso (or an alcoholic drink) to go with sugary bites such as powder-dusted brioche, cream-filled donuts and crispy, flavoursome cannoli. Savoury lovers can have well-reviewed arancini, but everyone should try the granita. This fruity, semi-frozen dessert originated in Sicily; it’s like slush, but fresher and with extra oomph.
This heavenly dessert shop sells much more than its array of lip-smacking artisan gelato. Expect slabs of nut-crammed chocolate, crispy sfogliatelle, cream-stuffed cookie sandwiches and jacked-up versions of typical Neapolitan dessert graffa. These salami-shaped, donut-like delights are traditionally made with potato and topped with sugar. Once carnival treats, they’re now a street food staple. Casa Infante has taken them up a notch, offering every topping they have: gelato, nuts, sweet sauces and even Oreos.
If you need a break from pizza, you’ll enjoy Bowl Napoli’s healthy street food. Nutritious, colourful bowls come from the conscious kitchen and look great on your Instagram. It’s not just salad – there are fish-based bowls featuring seared tuna fillet in sesame crust, meaty ones such as chicken steak flavoured with matcha tea, and even healthy sweets. All are packed with fresh ingredients, and there are great gluten-free, veggie and vegan options.
For pasta on-the-go, head to Via Mezzocannone and find graffiti-covered 120 Grammi, where they serve restaurant-standard spaghetti in convenient street food boxes. You’ll have a great choice of pasta dishes, all freshly made and fit to satisfy even the biggest hunger: think puttanesca, basil cream or carbonara sauces, topped with meats, cheeses and fresh, colourful veg. Take your flavoursome, affordable box away with you to tuck in as you explore.
Pizzeria Oliva Corso Garibaldi
Expect no frills, just excellent pizza at this simple restaurant offering eat-in or takeaway in minutes. Big portions come at low prices with perfect dough, flavour-packed sauce and superb toppings – though you can’t beat the classic, melt-in-the-mouth margherita. Choose from wood-fired oven pizzas or try the deep-fried pizza frittata, a Neapolitan street food staple. Arrive hungry – you’ll need all the space you can find.
Mammamì Neapolitan Take Away
This unassuming takeaway on colourful Via Vergini serves traditional, restaurant-style dishes in takeaway boxes. Order from a selection of aperitivi, antipasti and sides. Dig into small dishes like eggplant parmigiana, delicious deep-fried fish, arancini, sauce-drenched meats, sauteed vegetables and creamy mozzarella balls. All are delicious, affordable and served with a smile. Pair with wine or beer for a classic Neapolitan evening to remember.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.