The Tuscan countryside is best taken in with a glass of wine and a large appetite. Grab your friends and get ready to live la dolce vita at these luxury villas in Tuscany, and plan a trip to Italy with Culture Trip.
Tour the darlings of Italy in 10 days – from Rome, Florence and Milan to Lake Como and the Italian Riviera, on our small-group Epic Trip across the north of the county.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
World-class art in Florence, medieval charm in Siena and astounding architectural feats in Pisa are just a few of the things that draw tourists to Tuscany year-round. But there’s more to this central Italian region than the well-trodden hotspots: golden wheat fields, vineyards dotted with rustic farmhouses and orderly rows of towering cypress trees. There aren’t many hotels out in the Tuscan countryside, so gather your crew and enjoy the rural charm of a luxury villa. Remote locations will let you appreciate the rolling landscapes without the thrum of tourist crowds, and luxury touches such as outdoor pools are perfect for surviving the summer months.
Villa Lena is a unique agriturismo hotel located in the heart of rural Tuscany combining holiday accommodation, a farm-to-table restaurant and a not-for-profit art foundation. Situated in Toiano amongst the rolling hills of rural Tuscany, Villa Lena is simultaneously a creative residence and holiday destination. The property dates back to the late 19th century, when an Italian aristocratic family, Augusto and Tereza Del Frate, purchased the estate and moved from the nearby town of Palaia. Art world professional Lena Evstafieva, musician and producer Jérôme Hadey and Parisian restaurateur and nightclub owner Lionel Bensemoun combined their respective skills and knowledge to redevelop the property and found Villa Lena Agriturismo and Art Foundation.
You can even shop from the Cabinet of Curiosities collection this autumn to get a real sense of what this unique property in Tuscany is all about.
Just 10mi (16km) outside of Florence, nestled among a 494-acre (200ha) expanse of tangled vineyards and silver-hued olive groves, is a soaring hilltop castle. Dating back to the 11th century, the artfully restored property now has six sophisticated guest rooms as well as an outdoor pool, an Italian garden and an ancient cellar. Have your private chef design a custom menu celebrating local, sun-blushed ingredients, before ending the night with a glass of Chianti wine. You can either rent a single room or the entire castle for an extra-special event.
This is the stuff of fairytales: a small, stone-built cottage dating back to the year 1200, surrounded by a thick green forest that creeps all the way up to the door. The enchanting cottage can sleep up to six people and is ideal for families or small groups of friends. In the summer months, cool off by jumping in the outdoor pool or set off on a hike and take refuge under the dense canopy of the nearby forest. The quiet luxury of this property is best paired with a hearty Italian meal, so bike to the nearest village, Catiglion Fiorentino, and stock up on Tuscan delicacies that you can then enjoy al fresco in the garden’s gazebo.
This comfortable villa sleeps up to 12 people and is known for its added, modern luxuries in an old-school setting. Make the most out of the outdoor pool and take time to relax on the shaded patio, before setting out into the small medieval town of Pietrasanta. You can spend time exploring the area’s artistic heritage – Michelangelo once visited Pietrasanta to learn about carving marble from local artisans – or bike down to the Marina di Pietrasanta and take a dip in the Tyrrhenian Sea.
This remarkable six-bedroom Tuscan farmhouse, in the heart of the Chianti wine region, quietly presides over the flickering skyline of San Gimignano. Combining classical Tuscan style with modern touches – think terracotta floors and open wooden beams, plus a restaurant-standard kitchen, a pool and a playground for children – this villa reaches the heights of the luxury Italian lifestyle. Spend your days lounging by the pool or relaxing in the garden, internal courtyard or one of the multiple spacious terraces. A personalised concierge service is also available to ensure you have the best possible stay.
If a remote setting is what you’re after, this six-bedroom villa will deliver. Located near the medieval village of Santa Fiora, and a 25mi (40km) car ride away from the coastline, this tranquil property is the perfect place to recharge and enjoy pared-back, rural life. Spend your days relaxing by the pool or challenging your friends to a tennis game, and when you feel like exploring, nearby Santa Fiora has been voted one of the most beautiful villages in Italy more than once.
There’s more to Tuscany than wine – the region is equally famous for its olive oil production. Experience this firsthand with a stay in this restored 200-year-old olive mill, on a sprawling estate. The six-bedroom villa retains many of its original features and artfully integrates them with modern touches, such as a Nespresso machine and a Smeg fridge. Laze by the pool and gaze out over enchanting olive groves and dark green cypress tree silhouettes. Or better yet, set out to learn more about the area by joining an olive oil tasting.
If sweeping, unobstructed views make you feel like you can finally breathe, this luxuriously appointed farmhouse is the place to book. The Tuscan-style building retains its original style and adds in modern amenities, such as a small inside gym and a seasonal outdoor pool. With eight bedrooms, there’s plenty of room for both friends and family. Enjoy a dip in the pool, fire up the barbecue and savour the view as you eat a rustic Italian meal on the rooftop terrace.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.