Indulge yourself with luxurious treatments, or take to the baths like the emperors of old, at these restorative retreats in Rome – bookable on Culture Trip.
The Romans developed the concept of restorative bathing, so it’s apt that the modern-day hotel scene in the Italian capital excels at brilliant spas. From huge, cavernous spaces with columns and mosaics to chic, modern-day spas you can duck into for a quick glow-inducing facial, these healing hotels are just what Caesar ordered. Here are the best spas to book on your next city break in Rome.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The bold design throughout this new addition to the Rome hotel scene has proved a big hit with guests and locals alike. The pizzeria on the ground floor serves up some of the best pizzas in town and the rooftop gives you incredible views of the Vatican. Everything here is done with a sense of fun, from the adult gift boxes you can order to spice up your stay to the amusing messages staff leave in various places. The outdoor spaces are ideal for long summer nights, and there’s a sauna and pool in the basement that feels like a neon-lit throwback to the Roman baths of the past.
Set on the fringes of the leafy Villa Borghese park, with its genteel stately home full of art, Aldrovandi is a class act. It has a serene outdoor pool that’s a godsend in the steamy Mediterranean summers, and its Mytha SPA is a petite oasis with a hydrotherapy pool, steam room and sauna, as well as results-driven facials using Biologique Recherche products. Hedonism is encouraged here, as evidenced by the night-time spa sessions with candles and prosecco. Yes, please.
On the west side of the Tiber River, close to Vatican City, Villa Agrippina is slightly out of the tourist crush, so it’s the perfect setting for a spa break. The all-white, orchid-dotted My Blend by Clarins Spa is a real treat, with a full suite of thermal areas: saunas, steam rooms, sensory showers, an ice fountain and a vitality pool. Book a hot-stone massage to dissolve a few days’ worth of sightseeing fatigue.
The leafy restaurant terrace and candy-striped bedrooms at this hotel are every bit as invigorating as its spa, with a sexy, low-lit indoor pool, relaxation lounge and treatment rooms. The pampering sessions draw on global traditions from Indian Ayurveda to Indonesian jamu: try the Java Delight ritual for several treatments, including a coffee-based scrub, packaged up with a traditional spa bath.
Close to the Spanish Steps, the spa at this five-star offering is a stylish, earthy number with unpolished concrete walls and basket lanterns, lit by the luminous glow of its indoor pools. The Sicilian product range makes this one of the most Italian-infused spas in Rome: breathe in great lungfuls of orange blossom, olive oil and sea salt during deeply cocooning treatments, or be massaged by hot rocks from Mount Etna.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.