Want to know more about the new movie releases for spring 2017 in Greece? Get ready; from superheroes to pirates and fallen angels, this season’s releases will certainly entice many movie lovers to theatres. Sit back, relax and grab a bowl of popcorn.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Release date: May 25, 2017
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The world’s notorious pirate, the captain of the Black Pearl, comes back for another adventure. Starring the usual suspects (Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom), the movie welcomes a new villain, as Spanish import Javier Bardem stars as Captain Salazar. After escaping from the Devil’s Triangle, Salazar is determined to kill every single pirate at sea, including Captain Jack Sparrow, whose only way to survive is to find the Trident of Poseidon, which will give him total dominion over the seven seas.
Release date: May 11, 2017
American director Ira Sachs gives movie-goers a brilliant and beautiful drama called Little Men, starring Greg Kinnear and Jennifer Ehle and introducing Theo Taplitz and Michael Barbieri. Under the canvas of Brooklyn’s gentrification, a friendship between two 13-year-old boys is born. Bold and outgoing Tony is the opposite of extrovert and sensitive Jake, but both automatically bond. However, their newfound friendship is under pressure when their parents fight over the lease of Tony’s mum’s dress shop, located in Jake’s dad’s apartment building.
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
Release date: May 11, 2017
An adventure movie directed by Guy Richie, King Arthur features Jude Law, Charlie Hunnam, Annabelle Wallis and Djimon Hounsou, among others. The film tells the origin’s of Arthur and the myth of Excalibur, retracing his life from the streets of Londinium to the throne of England. Robbed of his birthright by his uncle, Arthur grows up in the back streets of the city until one day he pulls the sword from the stone. It is then that he must accept his true destiny, even if he doesn’t like it.
Release date: May 4, 2017
Based on Lauren Kate’s novel of the same name, Fallen is a romantic fantasy movie that tells the tale of 17-year-old Lucinda “Luce” Price, who, after being blamed for the death of a boy she had a crush on, changes schools. There, she meets two students to whom she strangely feels connected. As the movie goes on, viewers discover more about Luce’s past and learn that the two students are actually fallen angels who have loved her for ages. Luce will have to make a choice – who will it be?
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Release date: May 4, 2017
Director James Gunn and Marvel Studios brings movie lovers Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which stars a fine selection of actors such as Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Sean Gunn, Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki and Chris Sullivan. The movie follows the adventures of the Guardians of the Galaxy as they defend themselves against their enemies. The plot also unravels new developments concerning Peter Quill’s true parentage. It’s an action-packed movie where you can see your favourite superheroes kick some ass.
Release date: June 15, 2017
With big names such as Tom Cruise, Russell Crowe, Sofia Boutella and Annabelle Wallis, The Mummy is bound to entice film fanatics. Directed by Alex Kurtzman, the movie is a reboot of The Mummy franchise, taking viewers back 2,000 years when Princess Ahmanet (Sofia Boutella) is chosen to be the next ruler of Egypt. Her father, however, doesn’t want her to be queen and hopes to have a son to take his place. As such, Ahmanet kills her father to take over the throne, but she is captured and buried alive. When Americans discover her sarcophagus in modern times, she unleashes her revenge against humanity.
Release date: June 8, 2017
It’s time for Greece to watch the 2017 version of a story with which they’re all familiar. This rendition is a typical origin story where viewers learn more about the female superhero’s beginnings. Diana (Gal Gadot), princess of the Amazons, has trained all of her life to be the fiercest of all. One day when she encounters an American pilot (Chris Pine) who asks the Amazonians for help in ending a war, she decides she wants to go and defend the world. It is then that she discovers the powers she has always had. A true live action movie, Wonder Woman promises to be a major blockbuster.
L’économie du couple (After Love)
Release date: May 4, 2017
L’économie du couple is a French-Belgian movie starring Bérénice Bejo and Cédric Kahn as a couple on the verge of divorce after 15 years of marriage. The parents of two girls, the couple is forced to live together as the husband cannot afford a new place. The awkward living situation pushes them to figure out what they both contributed to the marriage, but they seem to disagree on everything. Will they find a way out? Produced by Joachim Lafosse, the movie was screened at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival under the Directors’ Fortnight category.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.