With dinner starting as late as 10pm, breakfast and brunch traditionally have not been important meals in the Greek island of Paros. In the last years, however, many businesses have become more aware of the needs of their summer visitors. Today in Paros you are spoiled for choice with numerous restaurants and cafés that serve quality food in the mornings. We have discovered the 10 best.
Sousouro is a stylish all day corner café-bar that is located in a picturesque little alley in the Old Town. A famous cocktail bar at night, in the mornings it thrives, with an organic menu that offers creative combinations of fresh fruits and veg. A Sousouro breakfast includes healthy smoothies such as Goji Cacao Shake and Morning Power Shake, as well as imaginative power dishes such as bread topped with almond paste, fresh fig, pumpkin seeds and organic vanilla and fir honey. The seating area outside in the traditional alley is gorgeous too.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Naousa, 84401 Páros
This café restaurant in Parikia is famous for its shady courtyard that creates a little oasis in the scorching summer heat. Even though it is styled as a café, it a perfect spot for lunch or brunch too, serving all day delicious gourmet dishes including pastas, salads, fresh fish, calamari and great wines. The breakfasts are worth a visit, with the standard eggs and bacon, pancakes, fresh smoothies and a variety of coffees to choose from. It is the perfect spot to chill out in Parikia and forget about time.
Main street, Parikia, Greece
This stylish art café in Parikia is a great all-rounder for any meal and any time of the day. Styled like a Greek island “Kafenio” (traditional café) with small round tables decorated with flowers and colourful chairs, it has an artistic charm that is perfect for the romantics. From coffees, omelettes and pancakes in the morning to small local tapas and fresh fruits with wine later in the day, Symposium is the perfect little place to enjoy the island vibe and appreciate the local character.
Old Town, Parikia, Greece
This pretty café is a leafy oasis in the heart of Naoussa that is perfect to enjoy a well prepared gourmet brunch . Konstanza Cafe’s menu includes homemade lemonade, fresh fruit platters, excellent cocktails, frothy cappuccinos and a selection of light meals such as sandwiches, salads, omelettes and crepes. Everything is made with fresh ingredients, prepared and presented to a high standard. The serene patio is adorned with a beautiful garden and slightly artsy decor.
Located on the seafront in Paroikia, Meltemi Kafe has a privileged location that offers breathtaking views. With the water lapping just a few meters away, you can enjoy delicious coffees, eggs, home made pies, waffles and ice-creams. A good selection of cocktails, wines and beers is also available. Meltemi is one of the best and most romantic spots in Paros to watch the sunset, while you enjoy the island’s invigorating sea breeze.
Parios Giannis Varthakouris, Paroikía, Kikladhes
+30 2284 021092
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.