Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again brings Mediterranean island vibes, family feels, and classic ABBA jams to the silver screen this weekend. Not only do ABBA’s timeless disco hits fuel this star-packed sequel, the band’s notorious flamboyant style is inspiring summer trends that promise to be de rigueur all the way into fall.
ABBA has made an indelible mark in fashion. From white platform gogo boots to outrageous bell sleeves, flared bodysuits, and sequin embellishments, ABBA’s contribution to ‘70s and ‘80s fashion embraced excessive glamour that has come to define the aesthetic of contemporary pop music.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
From Roberto Cavalli’s electric prints to Moschino’s colorful body-conscious knitwear and Gucci’s sequined patches that celebrate pop culture iconography, ABBA’s influence on modern designers is not only palpable, but trending. Here are five fabulous bangers from the film’s soundtrack and summer looks they inspire.
1. “Mamma Mia” — Performed by Lily James, Jessica Keenan Wynn, Alexa Davies
Lily James, who plays a young Donna in the ‘70s on the fictional island of Kalokairi (filmed on the Greek island of Skopelos) rocks outrageous flared jeans and a metallic top to perform the title track with her best friends and fellow Dynamos.
Shop the look at H&M with a Metallic Top and Flared Jeans
2. “Dancing Queen” — Performed by Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgård, Amanda Seyfried, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters, Pierce Brosnan
Sophie (in a role reprised by Amanda Seyfried) leads the ensemble performance of “Dancing Queen” wearing a crocheted poncho that’s more boho than disco. But who could forget the version that plays when the credits roll in the first film? Donna and the Dynamos (played by Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, and Julie Walters) in all the sequins and glitter will not be outdone.
Shop the look at H&M with a Sequin Dress and Glittery Bag
3. “The Day Before You Came” — Performed by Meryl Streep
This ballad has fans worried that Donna meets an untimely end in Here We Go Again. (No spoilers here.) Rather than speculate, celebrate the melodic vocals with a look that brings together two totally wearable ABBA-inspired trends: ruffles and platforms.
Shop the look at H&M with a Lace Peplum Top and Platform Sandals
4. “Fernando” — Performed by Cher, Andy García
In the role of Ruby, Donna’s mother (played by Cher) performs the ABBA hit “Fernando” as a duet with love interest, Fernando (played by Andy Garcia). Capture ‘70s glam with a halterneck jumpsuit and rose gold mules that pay homage to the original disco diva herself.
Shop the look at H&M with a Halterneck Jumpsuit and Leather Mules
5. “Andante, Andante” — Lily James
A young Donna (James) shows off her pipes in this classic ABBA ballad. Being young and in love on the coast of the Aegean Sea is something to celebrate. Catch these vibes with a nautical striped bustier inspired by the Bella Donna hotel staff uniforms, paired with a metallic skirt that’s perfect for the discotheque. The unexpected melange of elements capture the whimsical spirit of Kalokairi.
Shop the look at H&M with a Metallic Skirt and Bustier
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.