The party-loving island of Mykonos is a dream destination for fashion lovers. It’s a thriving hub of luxury, with seductive and stylish boutiques running along the whitewashed lanes. On the beaches, decadent beach clubs provide paradisal spots to watch as the sun sets, with a cocktail in hand. Perfecting your style in Mykonos, often referred to as the Greek Ibiza, is key to a successful trip. Read on for Culture Trip’s island-style guide for Mykonos.
What to wear in Mykonos
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The beach party kaftan is essential for taking you from relaxing mornings on the sun lounger to wild parties in the afternoon. We love this decadent silk designer piece from Camilla. The bohemian print and loose fit are perfect for wherever you choose to toast the sunset.
Even by the standards of most Greek islands, you’ll be spending a lot of time on the beach in Mykonos. Don’t miss an opportunity to dress to impress and covet bold, eye-catching swimwear. It’s a guaranteed way to stand out from the crowd.
The party-proof cross-body bag is key for a relaxing night out. Keep it simple and summery with pastel hues and opt for designer pieces if you want to embody Mykonos luxury to the max. Invest in JW Anderson’s version if you want a timeless piece to cherish summer after summer.
Where to shop in Mykonos
Mykonos is one of the few Greek islands that can rival, and potentially even surpass, the Greek capital for luxury shopping opportunities. In the town, you’ll find Louis Vuitton and Hermès, as well as the more classic linen attire that’s mainly hawked at bohemian-feeling visitors. But if you’re looking for something truly special, try these boutiques and brands in Mykonos.
For luxury Greek designers, the place to head to is Aesthet. The store is home to a full range of accessories and womenswear, offering an ideal spot to add local talent to your wardrobe and truly nail the Mykonos look. Crocheted handbags from One and Only are proving to be the hit of the summer, while Emmanuela swimwear is a great brand for key beach pieces.
Where to show off your Mykonos style
There’s only one spot on Mykonos for fashion lovers to head to as the afternoon sun begins to wane: Scorpios Mykonos. The famous beach club-restaurant hosts the world’s best DJs and also houses a boutique full of artisanal brands. For extra style points, check out the cultural boutique hotel close by.
Who to follow for Mykonos style inspiration
A post shared by E L E N A • G A L Y FA (@elenagalifa) on Jun 11, 2018 at 6:29am PDT
Melanie Jordan Seca
A post shared by Melanie Jordan Seca (@jordanseca) on Jun 11, 2018 at 4:25am PDT
A post shared by kmetaxa (@kmetaxa) on Jun 11, 2018 at 6:07am PDT
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.