Imagine a place where fast food was not only quick and convenient but also healthy. Berlin is a city where this is possible in plenty of refreshing, delicious ways! With some that offer twists on classic favorites and others that are reinventing the fast food game altogether, here are ten of the best healthy spots that will leave that old school burger and fries from Mc-whatever in the dust.
Berlin’s resident supplier of açaí bowls, Daluma is one of the hippest healthy restaurants in the city. Located in one of Mitte’s trendiest neighborhoods, this place serves up smoothies, porridge, cold pressed juices, and salads in minimalist surroundings. Many of Berlin’s chicest individuals can be found here, and while the patrons may come clad in black, it’s all the better to contrast these colorful, fresh, and flavorful dishes. Daluma also does takeaway, which is excellent considering that this place fills up quickly, especially on weekends, so eating healthy on the go is basically a no-brainer. One meal here might be enough to inspire an entire new healthy lifestyle.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
New Deli Yoga
Located in Kreuzberg near Gorlitzer Park in Berlin’s thriving Wrangelkiez, New Deli Yoga offers an extensive menu of whole foods for breakfast, lunch, and snack with options for just about every dietary persuasion. For breakfast, the seasonal changing menu items include eggs, granola, chia pudding, hash browns, tofu scrambles, smoothies, and more. Lunch features items like the smoky tofu sandwich and soups. Definitely be sure to save room for dessert as they offer a tremendous variety of cookies and cakes that may look sinful but are actually guilt-free, often vegan and sans gluten. It is clear that everything is carefully prepared with love, whether you’re in a hurry or looking to hang around here with friends.
This tiny restaurant in Neukölln is your one-stop shop for healthy dishes on the go. They offer a variety of hearty salads and vegan fare for a remarkably affordable price. It’s perfect for grabbing takeaway on a lunch break. Situated on the ever-trendy Weserstraße, Stella also provides an excellent break from leisurely exploring on the weekends. There is some space to eat inside, which is decorated with banana leaf wallpaper and slick subway tiles. Stella is perfectly Instagram-able. With seasonal, ever-changing selections that leave people feeling revitalized and nourished, Stella gives fast food a new and very Berlin twist.
Restaurant Yellow Sunshine
Restaurant Yellow Sunshine in Kreuzberg near Görlitzer Park is a bistro specializing in vegetarian and vegan dishes with particular emphasis on diner foods like burgers and shakes. There are also Berlin-style bites to be had, including veggie currywurst and döner. They do a variety of different burgers including the halloumi burger and the Mexican burger, which comes with nacho cheese sauce. Of course, being that it is a healthy vegan restaurant, there are also plenty of fresh salads, and sandwiches are topped with an abundance of crisp veggies.
Located in the Reuterkiez in Neukölln, Sahara is nonchalantly one of Berlin’s hippest health food favorites. The unpretentious shop is always sprawling with people looking to get their hands on some authentic Sudanese food. Most popular are the magali sandwiches. The best are those that come with the delectable peanut sauce and eggplant cream combined with your choice of veggies, halloumi, chicken, beef, or falafel. The same combinations come in the form of platters for those looking to satiate a more voracious appetite. Things here are tremendously cheap, so you’ll surely have leftover money for Middle Eastern sweets like baklava and kanafeh.
Tucked on the bustling Oranienstraße in Kreuzberg, Anaveda is a kind of deli specializing in Ayurvedic foods, as the owner has been trained in these sacred techniques derived from Indian tradition. Most things are vegetarian and vegan, and it is possible to eat there or select a few dishes from the deli case to go. Opt for lighter options including simple salads in the summer or something more substantial on a chilly day like curry or vegetarian chili. They also sell Ayurvedic specialties like ghee and other sauces prepared according to traditional techniques. A meal here will leave even the most sluggish feeling invigorated and uplifted.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.