Paris has so much to offer that you’ve probably thought about relocating. Here, Michelin-star restaurants stand next to historic cafés and first-class museums are just a brisk walk away from well-stocked flea markets. You’ll never be short of things to see and do while living in the French capital.
You’ll become artistically enriched
There is so much art in Paris that it’s impossible not to get swept away by its artistic abundance once you move here. Take the Musée du Louvre, for example. Inside, you’ll discover more than 380,000 objects and 35,000 works of art on show across a space of around 60,600 square metres (652,230 square feet).
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
It’s a well-known fact that even if you dedicated 100 days to the task of visiting the museum’s artworks, then you might just be able to squeeze in every piece of art on display – but only if you spend 30 seconds on each item. Of course, there are plenty of other museums too, notably the Centre Pompidou – Musée National d’Art Moderne. It’s simply impossible to run out of sights to see.
You’ll find unique treasures at Parisian flea markets
Paris is brimming with flea markets, with the most famous being the Marché aux Puces de Saint-Ouen in Porte de Clignancourt. The market, which is thought to be the largest in the world, was established in 1870 and is named after the intensely flea-infested furniture that was sold here. Nowadays, however, it’s much more high-end.
A trip to the flea market has never been so inspiring, as renowned Swiss artist Daniel Spoerri has demonstrated. He used to stroll through French flea markets for intriguing objects, which he would buy and assemble into his signature ‘snare-pictures’. A selection of these works is on display at the Centre Pompidou.
It’s steeped in literary history, with inspiration at every turn
Shakespeare and Company is the bookshop on everybody’s lips. This incredible store has been welcoming ‘tumbleweeds’ (bohemian poets and writers) for decades, making it the perfect spot for bibliophiles. There are armchairs and benches with soft seating throughout the shop, actively inviting you to pick up a book and sit down in solitary literary heaven.
There’s a resident cat mooching around in case you get lonely, and the sound of someone playing the live piano often floats through the store, while a host of evening workshops, readings and author talks will keep you busy until late.
It’s the capital of café culture
Parisian cafés have always served as hubs for social life in Paris, acting as the quintessential Parisian meeting place to relax or refuel. The best time to make the most of this culture is in the summertime when the outdoor terrasses are teeming with people – though there is usually outside heating in winter.
If you take the Métro toLes Deux Magots or Café de Flore, nestled next to each other on Boulevard Saint-Germain, then you’ll be hanging out in the spot where famous thinkers and artists – such as Hemingway, Sartre, Fitzgerald, Picasso and other world-changing minds – would sit and draw inspiration.
French food discoveries are unrivalled
Many Parisian restaurants are among the most elegant in the world, with a rich legacy of culinary excellence. Notably, this includes Le Meurice Hotel’s Restaurant Le Dalí. Its five-star facilities boast dreamy interiors with extravagant Louis XVI decor and have been dazzling celebrities for centuries.
Nestled in the heart of the 1st arrondissement, between the Place de la Concorde, Musée du Louvre and the Jardin des Tuileries, Le Meurice’s two-Michelin-star restaurant is named in honour of one of its most surreal guests. Wherever you choose to dine, however, you’ll be amazed at the quality of French food.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.