Arguably the best boutique hotel in pairs, La Planque combines elegance with all the charm of a countryside family home. Comfort is the name of the game here, and you will find guests relaxing on the sofas in the lounge or on the outdoor patio, where you’ll be able to admire the view with a glass of wine. Just metres from the Avenue Parmentier, the hotel is well located especially if you want to experience authentic Paris life.
On the corner of Rue du Faubourg Montmartre and Rue Geoffroy-Marie, within the 9th arrondissement, the Panache Hotel goes above and beyond to make its guests comfortable, with an honesty bar next to the foyer, as well as a library and comfortable lounge, and a 24/7 reception. Within walking distance of Galeries Lafayette, the hotel is centrally located to explore Paris by foot. Rooms are filled with natural light and unique decor.
A luxury Paris boutique hotel in the Mouffetard district, Hotel Henriette Rive Gauche is cosy and intimate. There are 32 rooms, each individually designed and unique. In the summer enjoy breakfast on the patio and in winter enjoy breakfast in bed. The hotel has one aim, to make you feel at home, and it succeeds with flying colours – guests here will be sad to leave the warm surroundings, delicious food and friendly service. On a quiet cobblestone street, this tranquil hotel also has great travel connections to the city.
With just 12 rooms and suites, Cour des Vosges is one of the most truly unique hotels in Paris. Paying homage to its 17th-century history, the architecture and decor has all been carefully selected to create a modern experience anchored in its Parisian past. Owned by a family who are lovers of art, the hotel is adorned with sculptures, tapestries and ceramics. Make sure to visit the tea room, which offers light and gourmet meals, as well as a selection of sweet treats concocted by pastry chef Yann Brys, Meilleur Ouvrier de France.
In the Saint-Martin district of the 10th arrondissement, Le Grand Quartier offers a vibrant atmosphere and a comfortable stay. With meeting rooms, shop and rooftop terrace on site, the hotel has everything you could need. For breakfast on the go, the cafe offers a Good Morning Bag, containing their delicious menu in a handy takeaway size.
With a peaceful atmosphere and a focus on a greener and healthier life, HOY Paris has wellness at its heart. Offering zero waste and natural options in their toiletries and utilities, the hotel also has reusable water bottles. Rooms all have an air purification system and through the use of Japanese binchotan charcoal you can mineralise tap water. Take part in a yoga class, or relax in a hammock in-between exploring Paris.
Five-star Maison Souquet combines Arabian style and Napoleon III-style decor to create an eclectic mix of eras. The wood-panelled bar-library adorned with paintings is infused with a magical and enchanting aura; quite simply, it feels like walking into another world. Tucked away off the Rue de Bruxelles, just a stone’s throw from the famed Moulin Rouge, the venue combines its prime location with an emphasis on luxury. There’s velvet-lined furniture, huge mirrors and chandeliers in abundance; it’s the perfect setting for a romantic date.
Of course, you don’t just have to stay in luxury 5-star palaces with Michelin-starred dining to have the most romantic weekend in Paris. Hotel Des Grands Boulevards is a perfect alternative for a smaller budget, while still providing elegance and sophistication. Decorated by renowned designer Dorothée Meilichzon, the hotel interiors mix decorative splendour – four-poster beds, glazed wardrobes and red marble counter-tops – with more pastoral designs, such as rustic coated walls and worn wooden furniture. Without the pressure of fine palatial surroundings, it’s probably the cosiest place on this list to spend a romantic getaway.
Hotel & Spa La Belle Juliette is located between Montparnasse and St-Germain-des-Prés, one of the most classically Parisian neighbourhoods, and takes its name from the celebrated 18th-century socialite Juliette Récamier. The bedrooms are adorned with antique prints in period frames, elegant furniture and references to literature, with the salvaged bergère chairs, repainted in vibrant pink colours.
Enjoy a great stay in the French capital with the guarantee of a gorgeous view by booking one of the best hotels with a balcony. For somewhere extra special, opt for one of the best luxury hotels in the city, bookable with Culture Trip. For a relaxing stay, check out our pick of the best spa hotels in Paris, France, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Vanessa Gainford contributed additional reporting to this article.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.