Paris is known for being a beautiful city, but where can you get the very best shots? Culture Trip curates the French capital’s most photogenic places – from historical landmarks to iconic bridges.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Since its completion in 1889, the Eiffel Tower has stood in Paris as an emblem of France’s industrial prowess. Approximately 7m people visit this landmark annually, with the same intention of snapping a photo, so time your visit to this iron-lattice tower early in the morning to sidestep the crowds.
The 22m-tall (71ft) Louvre Pyramid, which acts as the entrance to the Louvre Museum, is a central landmark, built in the 1980s. Its modern glass-and-metal structure designed by IM Pei sits in contrast to the museum’s historic 18th-century architecture – and it’s a true spectacle.
The Pont Alexandre III
The Pont Alexandre III is arguably Paris’s most famous bridge. This historic monument, constructed in 1896, connects the Champs-Élysées quarter to the Left Bank, where you’ll find the Eiffel Tower. From the bridge, you can snap panoramic views of the city and the River Seine.
Atop Butte Montmartre, the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris, otherwise known as Sacré-Cœur Basilica, is a world-famous Roman Catholic church, consecrated in 1919. Plan to climb a narrow winding staircase in the church to enjoy views of the surrounding area.
The Centre Pompidou
Head to the rooftop of the Centre Pompidou to be met with rows of quintessentially Parisian rooftops, with the Eiffel Tower, Montmartre and La Défense business district in the distance. The price of this cityscape view is included in the entrance ticket.
The Notre-Dame, which dates back to 1163, is considered one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. A shot directly from the bottom of the cathedral isn’t going to be your strongest angle; head to the nearby La Nouvelle Seine, where you can dine, to best frame the building. Keep in mind that much of the cathedral is still under restoration since the 2019 fire.
Pont de Bir-Hakeim
The Pont de Bir-Hakeim is one of Paris’s lesser-known bridges, which you can visit while en route to the Eiffel Tower. It’s a two-level bridge that connects the 15th and 16th arrondissements of the city as it crosses the Seine. Ask a passerby to snap a picture of you with the Eiffel Tower in the background.
The Galeries Lafayette, considered by many to be Paris’s best department store, bears more resemblance to that of an opera house than a shopping centre. From inside, point your lens up to its art deco dome for the money shot.
Arc de Triomphe
The Arc de Triomphe looms over the western end of the Champs-Élysées at the centre of Place Charles de Gaulle, and at 50m (164ft) high and 45m (148ft) wide, it’s among the largest triumphal arches in the world. Built between 1806 and 1836 at the request of Napoleon, it’s an iconic landmark and photogenic from all angles.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.