Whether you’re looking for somewhere to spend a summer afternoon or catch a romantic sunset, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s our guide to the best and brightest spots to truly appreciate the heady heights of the French Riviera. Sit back, admire the view and let the good times flow.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This iconic establishment is no.1 on the Promenade des Anglais and unmissable in every sense of the word. Soaring above the Niçois skyline, it commands dazzling, widescreen views from the 10th floor. Once you’ve picked your jaw up from the floor, select something refreshing from the drinks menu, the Pear Cardamom fizzy cocktail comes highly recommended. Then sit back and enjoy some extraordinary views of the city. The ‘Lounge Corner’ is open from 10am to 5pm, but reservations are strongly recommended in summer as seating is limited. Although the prices are unforgiving, the delicious drinks menu helps takes the sting out of the bill.
Hôtel Aston La Scala
Slap bang in the heart of Nice, this four-star hotel boasts both a rooftop and a terrace bar. Le Moon Bar is a swanky terrace bar open all year with equally incredible views over baroque Vieux Nice. The dim lighting, coupled with breathtaking views of the illuminated waterfall and Colline du Château make for a very romantic evening. Why not leave yourself in the capable hands of the bar staff and their wide-ranging wine and cocktail menu? Arrive in time for sunset on the balcony.
Soak up the glamor of a sultry evening in the South of France on the rooftop of the Boscolo Hotel. The dress code might be smart-casual, but the vibe is chilled. La Terrasse du Plaza offers breathtaking panoramic views of Nice and an especially gorgeous vista over the Bay of Angels. This place is strongly recommended for a relaxed pre-dinner apéritif; there are some delicious tapas platters to sample, so where better to grab a cool drink while the sun sets? Snag a seat at the edge for some seriously mouthwatering Mediterranean views.
After a long hard day of sunbathing on Castel Beach, saunter across the road to what must be the best-located bar in all of Nice. At the foot of the Castle Hill, just next to the Old Town, Movida is a much welcome oasis from the bustling Promenade des Anglais below. This is a beautifully renovated bar built into the seafront terraces which replaced the old city fortifications destroyed in 1706. The under-lit vaulted ceilings and exposed brickwork is very atmospheric. There is a palpable Spanish vibe to the self-proclaimed ‘bodega tapas bar’ and the live salsa dance parties ensure the place is buzzing every weekend. Here you can gaze out to sea from one of the two small balconies and continue the tanning with the cocktail du jour in hand. Ideal any time of day, this is a bar that does not disappoint.
Le Radisson Blu
This hotel rooftop has plenty to offer: thanks to its location halfway down the promenade, the view from La Terrasse is beyond comparison. This is a must-visit if you are here for the July 14, Bastille Day celebrations or one of the many firework shows on the beach. The rooftop is sizeable to say the least, with 700 square meters of lounge, pool and dining area. The attentive and professional service will leave you feeling pampered and relaxed. This is an especially impressive locale for catching sunsets over the bay, where the glittering lights of the promenade meet the sea.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.