Nice has some fantastic options for a morning meal: indulge in freshly baked macarons or all-you-can-eat donuts, wash down eggs al fresco on the beach with a glass of champagne or munch on organic granola near the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.
Despite the French not really specialising in cooked breakfasts, Nice plays to its international visitors with a vibrant breakfast and brunch scene. You get the best of both worlds with eggs or pancakes as well as still-warm, freshly cooked bread and, of course, pastries that the French do ever so well.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Just around the corner from the pleasant Place Garibaldi on the edge of Nice’s Old Town, Déli Bo. is a delightful cafe. It serves cooked breakfasts every day, including Sundays, as well as a choice of eggs, pancakes and bagels. The cakes and macarons are incredibly enticing if you have enough room – they are delivered fresh from Déli Bo.’s pastry shop around the corner.
With a distinctly international vibe to its clientele, Kililie’s serves its brunch à la carte during the week, but on weekends – and for the same price – this American-influenced diner offers an exceptional value all-you-can-eat buffet. There’s everything hot like pancakes, eggs, bacon, French toast, muffins, onion rings and chicken fingers and a panoply of cold delights, too, such as bagels, pastries, cakes and fruit.
Situated just down the road from the stunning Promenade des Anglais, La Femme du Boulanger provides a real French experience in its traditional, rustic setting with a calm and intimate atmosphere. It has a variety of breakfast options that include wonderful, fresh French bread accompanied by homemade jams, including a delicious caramel spread, along with delicious hot drinks and freshly squeezed orange juice. For a little extra, you can add eggs. It is especially worth indulging in a wonderfully large portion of cheesecake or taking advantage of the pleasant outdoor terrace.
For brunch, Le Bistroy offers a buffet with pastries, fruit and yogurt as well as a hot plate of eggs and sausages. It also has crepes and tartines – essentially, baguette that comes served with an array of splendid jams and spreads. Breakfast mid-week runs until 11:30 am and brunch is available on Sundays from 9 am to 2 pm. Try the scrumptious homemade caramel butter – they even have gluten-free crepes.
Dine al fresco on the edge of the Mediterranean for brunch at Plage Beau Rivage beach club. The beach is split into two parts which both serve food – a quiet, relaxed ‘zen’ area and the more ‘trendy’ part where they play music. In both cases, you can eat at a table or at your own sun lounger, while waiters bring you a glass of champagne to start, followed by bread, jams, spreads and pastries. The next course is the hot plate, with scrambled eggs, saucisson, cherry tomatoes and goat’s cheese. Squeeze in dessert before working it off in the sea.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.