Cannes has plenty of tempting places to stop and have a dessert. In the centre of town, you’ll find ice cream parlours, macaron shops, stylish pâtisseries (of the highest calibre), all of which can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or the essential after-dinner coffee. Here’s our guide to some of the most-loved and highly rated.
This Parisian chain is rumoured to have invented the macaron and is famed for its desserts. The Cannes branch is as much-loved as its Parisian counterparts and sells a lovely selection of macarons and pastries. Ladurée is a high-end pâtisserie specialising in all sorts of cakes and chocolates, but it’s also a great place to have a very sophisticated cup of tea or gourmet coffee with a little chocolate something on the side.
Lenôtre is another Parisian chain, whose chef was the inspiration behind the animated film Ratatouille. It’s a serious business – offering internet delivery, all sorts of amazing desserts, and even a chocolate blog. Lenôtre is situated on rue d’Antibes, the same street as you’ll find plenty of other inviting chocolate shops and pâtisseries. It’s a real favourite.
Bridget Bakery is in the centre of Cannes, not far from the Croisette. The eggs used here are free range and the flour is organic, with everything cooked for maximum freshness. This is not a coffee shop: they have a Nespresso machine to keep customers who want a little coffee with their dessert happy, but it’s the bakery that is the main draw. The bakery takes real pride in its cookies, cakes and other sweet delights.
Jean-Luc Pelé learnt his craft as a pastry chef at Lenôtre in Paris and then decided to set up his own pâtisserie in Cannes. He’s a lover of macarons with adventurous flavours (like foie gras) but he also has a bakery on site and is a chocolate aficionado. You can try every kind imaginable in his much-loved locale.
Jérôme Oliveira runs this pâtisserie near La Croisette – he’s the youngest ever world pâtisserie champion. Oliveira is originally from Lyon and wanted to be a pastry chef from the age of four. His shop is a wonder of sweet desserts and delights – chocolates, macarons, freshly made madeleines and other confections. His website allows you to buy all his delicious creations online.
Amorino is one of the most reputed ice cream chains in France: sometimes the queues here snake out the door. The Cannes branch is no exception. It has hundreds of different flavours – something for everyone – and if you can’t manage a whole tub or cone, ask for a kid’s portion (it’s not always advertised but often available).
People love the crepe restaurant La Galette de Marie. It’s pretty basic, but not very expensive and perfect for that quick early afternoon bite or for a light dinner. What’s better than a crepe? Two! One for your main course and one for dessert. It has short opening hours during lunch and dinner and is closed on Sunday.
Looking for somewhere to sit down and eat a main meal? Make sure you check out our article on our picks of the 10 Best Restaurants in Cannes.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.